Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: $28.99 for 360 Backward Compatibility at Circuit City

1. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Link? I have trouble believing that.
    I have no link, but i remember reading it too. They said it was "unlikely" but not to be "surprised if it hit the $100 mark." Remember, Blu-ray discs are more expensive to manufacture.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Link? I have trouble believing that.
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=18038

They will, of course, avoid at all costs doing that and be aiming for the $60 price point. It's just the mention of, hey, you could be paying more and no one really has any idea.

3. I think $65-70 is what we'll get in reality. They have to keep it competative, but still keep it slightly more since Sony loves to charge more because they have tricked people into thinking they're getting a better product for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox View Post
    I think $65-70 is what we'll get in reality. They have to keep it competative, but still keep it slightly more since Sony loves to charge more because they have tricked people into thinking they're getting a better product for it.
    Sony went to $40 first party PS2 games when Microsoft was still charging $50. SCE has no history of charging more, unless they have a product with more features, like the PS3. Add the WiFi connector to the 360, and it is $500, the same as the low end PS3, with the same size HDD. There is no price difference feature-for-feature.

Forcing the BluRay drive may be bad form, but there is nothing else questionable about Sony's packages when compared to the 360.

5. i thought wifi was only in the $600 model. still, all said and done for $100 you get blu-ray playback, but who knows if that will be worth it in the long run.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    This idea is genius; it's like me charging $30/hr for making a backup and scanning for adware/viruses on my sisters' friends computers. Taking advantage of the monumentally retarded for profit is A-OK in my book.

IAWTP.

People will pay you crazy money to do something you could easily explain to them how to do.

Often people say, "how do i know if I got the viruses?"

You say, "Um, do a virus scan."

"Can you come over and do that for me? I don't know anything about computers!"

"Dude, just do it yourself," and theeeen they're like, "I can pay you."

"Be right there."
    o_O

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Sony went to $40 first party PS2 games when Microsoft was still charging $50. SCE has no history of charging more, unless they have a product with more features, like the PS3. Add the WiFi connector to the 360, and it is $500, the same as the low end PS3, with the same size HDD. There is no price difference feature-for-feature.

Forcing the BluRay drive may be bad form, but there is nothing else questionable about Sony's packages when compared to the 360.
    Sure they don't have a history of charging more, but as mentioned, it was IN AN INTERVIEW WITH SONY that they said they would charge more. Sony could charge less for PS2 games because they were still on DVD, just as the Xbox was... the Xbox 360 uses it too, but the PS3 is BluRay, so it's more expensive to produce. Hell, BluRay movies are more expensive than HD-DVDs.

I don't really see a problem with what Circuit City is doing. $30 is a standard charge for installing any kind of basic software onto a PC, so it sounds about right for installing software on a game console.

For the record, $80 isn't nearly enough to get me to install an OS on someone else's computer, not with hunting for drivers and troubleshooting afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.