Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: $28.99 for 360 Backward Compatibility at Circuit City

1. This just doesn't seem right to me, and it makes me wonder if all the Circuit City stores are doing this. I really wouldn't doubt it if its just one person working at that Circuit City who plans to scam some people for extra cash. I just don't see how a big corporation like CC could actually get away with this.

2. Like cka said, computer stores have been getting away with stupid shit like this for years. I remember looking at a CompUSA computer repair list and seeing "Install Windows Operating System" for $80.00.

3. It's for people who don't have Live. That's how they'll justify it anyway.

And, you COULD order a disc from Microsoft, but isn't that just the first wave of BC games?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    No.
    Hypocrite of the century...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    This is a brilliant scam on CC's part. It might be ethical, but it's pure profit for them, and they're only risking alienating people who wouldn't use the service.

How is this ethical?

6. Oops, forgot the "not" in the original post. That's been fixed.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Oops, forgot the "not" in the original post. That's been fixed.

Duh. I just woke up.

8. If you are dumb enough to pay, someone would have scammed you the $28.99 for something else. We all know CC, BB, etc all blows anyway. Oh yah, especially CompUSA.

9. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    No.
    Aren't you the one that posted about three threads regarding DS screen protectors?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Like cka said, computer stores have been getting away with stupid shit like this for years. I remember looking at a CompUSA computer repair list and seeing "Install Windows Operating System" for $80.00.
    yup the "best" local pc place i my city charges $90 to install and OS plus $45 and hour on top of that. people are so fucking dumb.

can't MS put a stop to this?