Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight (This one's for you Striderkyo)

1. Omega Flight (This one's for you Striderkyo)

For those not in the know, Canada's premier superhero team Alpha Flight was killed in the pages of New Avengers in trying to ward off the Collective.

A few days ago at the Toronto con, Bendis announced the new creative team on the new title called Omega Flight with Mike Oeming (Powers, Stormbreaker: Saga of Beta Ray Bill, Ares, Thor: Blood Oath) and Scott Kolins (The Flash, The Avengers, Marvel Team-Up, Annihilation: Prologue, Thor: Blood Oath).

Here's the roster:

And the interview with Oeming

Personally I'm both excited and a bit disappointed at the same time. No Sasquatch, no puck or Vindicator....aside from Guardian it doesn't even look remotely like a AF team, plus the roster looks awfully small. On the other hand, the characters there are awesome such as Talisman (Shaman's daughter), Arachne (a.k.a Julia Carpenter Spider Woman II), Guardian, someone who may or may not be Captain America (or US Agent), and Beta Ray Bill.

I'll be checking out the first few issues for sure, especially since it has some ties to the Civil War fallout.
    Last edited by Will; 03 Sep 2006 at 06:46 AM.

2. They look like bums. Who's the guy in the front who's steaming (with the maple leaf wrapping around his costume)?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Guardian

4. I particularly like that uniform. During that privately run/funded space race contest held a few years back, one of the Canadian contestants used something similar to Guardian's get-up as their outfit. It was smashing.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    So, is Civil War over?

Where's my TPB?
    There's still a few months to go.

6. Whos the big thor looking bastard? And I bet that is Cap, he's a refugee now. That would be awesome. "That's Captain NORTH America now soldier!"

7. Whos the big thor looking bastard?
    Beta Ray Bill.

8. Ok, what's he done, what "group" is he usually associated with. I've never heard of him.