Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Grasping infractions.

1. When have they ever got away with shit we can't?

2. In terms of rule infractions, nothing sticks out - but a couple of folks do make a habit of talking down to people. These new rules would seem to prevent another "JEREMY IS A BAD TRADER!" fiasco, so I hope they're actually upheld now.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 03 Sep 2006 at 08:16 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    When have they ever got away with shit we can't?
    i cant say ive ever seen a mod banned myself

also according to the new rules which state

-Hostility Toward Another Forum Member

and

"Users that register only to spam a site or product or to cause a disruption will be permanently banned on sight"

i can't see many people staying out of the ban bin....as long as either of these are actually upheld.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    In terms of rule infractions, nothing sticks out - but a couple of folks do make a habit of talking down to people.
    Welcome to the internet.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    In terms of rule infractions, nothing sticks out - but a couple of folks do make a habit of talking down to people.
    How does that make admins seem like they're above members if members talk down to members and admins as well?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. Because they're supposed to be setting examples for the regular posters, and having them constantly talk down to people while touting the importance of THE RULES makes it hard to take either the admins or the rules seriously.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas View Post
    How does that make admins seem like they're above members if members talk down to members and admins as well?
    i think he means it's a bit unfair that regular members seem to get banned for talking down on each other but admins do not. at least thats what i grasped from it. *shrugs*

8. I'll be happy to concede to your point if you show examples of this down-talking. I really do think TNL has the best choice of mods you're likely to find on a discussion board.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

9. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas View Post
    I'll be happy to concede to your point if you show examples of this down-talking. I really do think TNL has the best choice of mods you're likely to find on a discussion board.
    i hope this wasnt directed to me, i was just 'splainin what he was yammering about.

10. No, it was Jeremy. He's consistently on a crusade against the moderation at TNL, but he very rarely ever produces a solid example of what he's talking about.