Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Grasping infractions.

1. Those examples suck.

I could say those same things in the same context and not get in any trouble. Shit, I told Chux he was stupid and he liked stupid things yesterday. I think I told someone they should choke on a dick too. But I forget.

The only thing I stay away from is calling people fags. But that's more because I think it's overdone at this point anything else.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne View Post
    i cant say ive ever seen a mod banned myself
    Lahdatt was banned and he was an admin, and I think Yoshi lost his powers due to questionable moderating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne View Post
    no but arjue gets pissed when i call Chux one. lol.
    Moderating is not about banning people who piss you off, its about upholding the rules. The rules clearly dictate that you can't say homophobic statements or insults. All I did was card you, its not like you are banned, so please stop crying.

3. Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I can't take any longer than a few minutes to find them because if I do that, I risk missing new posts.
    You realize you sound like a serious addict when you said that.

Right?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Can I say this:

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Arjue a homosexual?

5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    You realize you sound like a serious addict when you said that.

Right?
    Yeah. I was going to reword it but then figured it wasn't worth the effort.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Lahdatt was banned and he was an admin, and I think Yoshi lost his powers due to questionable moderating.
    Don't forget Kenshin (admin). There is definitely a system of checks and balances at TNL. It just needs to be tightened.

I've been to a few other boards and I've seen some nasty power trips on the part of admins and mods. They will ban you if you tell them to "STFU" or even get a little heated with them.

7. The admin's act exactly like the members of this board, your point is 100% null and void.

If anything, admin's act tamer than our members.

Except Kano.

8. 4) Do not personally attack any other forum member, including belittling him in words or images.
    Allowed: Calling a public figure an idiot. Posting digitally altered pictures to mock a celebrity. Ribbing people on TNL that you know and are in on the joke and are not offended by a little give and take.
    What if said ribbing includes the term "homo" in its content?

Cripes, let's not ruin the chocolately chewy goodness of TNL.

Not Allowed: Hostility toward another TNL forum member. Hazing of new posters who are not being disruptive.
    New members must survive a trial by fire imo.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I've been to a few other boards and I've seen some nasty power trips on the part of admins and mods. They will ban you if you tell them to "STFU" or even get a little heated with them.
    Yep. This is why I said above that TNL has the best moderation I've ever seen. Anywhere else Jeremy and Dyne would have been perma-banned just for speaking their mind on this. On NeoGAF, they ban anyone that even hints at the many spin-off boards they've had. Here we talk shit about Got-Next all the time.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

10. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas View Post
    Here we talk shit about Got-Next all the time.
    They all space dock.
    Last edited by Opaque; 04 Sep 2006 at 12:56 AM. Reason: please believe