Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Read This Before Asking Where Your Thread Went

1. This may or may not be a database error. I see from the log that the redirect in the Veterans' Board that pointed people to Fight Club expired at 12:58 P.M. - about the time the thread went missing. I see this happened one other time with a thread that was moved from Sound Off into Music Discussion but seems to be gone now. (Any ideas what topic was moved into Music Discussion on the 19th? I can almost recall what it was.)

It may be an issue with the redirects. More to come.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Any ideas what topic was moved into Music Discussion on the 19th? I can almost recall what it was.)
    I think it was the Modal Kombat one.

3. That's exactly right. This is definitely some database quirk.

4. I thought Chao had ended up posting the goods and the thread had to get deleted because it caused super drama while I was sleeping.

That would've been awesome.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

5. VBULLETIN BUG

I will try to resurrect the thread a very super-ghetto way

6. You are simply the best tech guy on the Internet. You made my day.

7. Yes, no.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This may or may not be a database error. I see from the log that the redirect in the Veterans' Board that pointed people to Fight Club expired at 12:58 P.M. - about the time the thread went missing. I see this happened one other time with a thread that was moved from Sound Off into Music Discussion but seems to be gone now. (Any ideas what topic was moved into Music Discussion on the 19th? I can almost recall what it was.)

It may be an issue with the redirects. More to come.
    Looks like I hit the nail on the head. From the software guys:

---
    vBulletin 3.6.1 Data Loss Issue (With Patch)
    A bug has been discovered in vBulletin 3.6.1 that can result in data loss when the automatic thread redirect deletion system is used.

If you use this feature, we recommend that you download and install the patch provided here or in the members' area to prevent any possible data loss.
    ---

Thanks once again to cka for bringing back the Chao thread. He laughs at the term "data loss."