Page 1 of 22 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation Mobile Thread

1. Official PlayStation Mobile Thread

Could the PSP be used as a replacement for your phone, or will Sony introduce a PlayStation-branded phone with gaming functionality? Either are possibilities, according to comments from SCE and Sony Ericsson executives.

More...

My T616 became a W600i, and my W600i will become this if it is officially announced.

3. http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/t...station-phone/

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engadgetpspphone7-1288145212.jpg 
Views:	889 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	58639  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Meh
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. My prediction is that Yoshi will hate it because he will have to pay more than $10 a game on this.

6. AHAHAAHAH THAT PICTURE

7. It looks like a droid phone with a slideout controller. That's really not laughable.

8. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    It looks like a droid phone with a slideout controller. That's really not laughable.
    Exactly. I would buy the shit out of this. I don't think this is a PSP2, but if you're in the market for a smartphone and you like games, this is completely badass.

9. I want one actually.

For those that didn't click the link ...

Quote Originally Posted by Engadget
    It's hard to believe that what we're looking at is real -- but we assure you, the picture above is in fact the PlayStation Phone you've long been waiting for. As we reported back in August, the device you see is headed into the market soon, likely boasting Android 3.0 (aka Gingerbread), along with a custom Sony Marketplace which will allow you to purchase and download games designed for the new platform. The device snapped up top (and in our gallery below) is sporting a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 (a chip similar to the one found in the G2, but 200MHz faster), 512MB of RAM, 1GB of ROM, and the screen is in the range of 3.7 to 4.1 inches. Looking almost identical to the mockup we hit you with this summer, the handset does indeed have a long touchpad in the center which is apparently multitouch, and you can see in the photos that it's still bearing those familiar PlayStation shoulder buttons. For Sony buffs, you'll be interested to know that there's no Memory Stick slot here, but there is support for microSD cards.

The particular model in these shots is still in prototyping mode. As such, the unit doesn't have a custom skin (not even SE's Timescape design seen on the Xperia devices), and is said to be rather buggy. We're digging into more facts as we speak, but it's likely that much of what we reported earlier is still accurate, and though the device could still be headed for a 2010 release, 2011 is looking much more realistic. Still, there's a lot of time between now and the holidays... so keep your fingers crossed!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. After suffering virtual d-pads, looks hawt to me.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2