Page 1 of 26 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

1. Neo-Geo Pocket Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

It wouldn't surprise me if not a single person here has played a Pokemon game in years. I wouldn't blame them, either. Fortunately Diamond and Pearl for the DS look promising.

• Time periods are back, much like in Silver and Gold, though now there are five time periods throughout the day: Morning, Day, Evening, Night, and Late Night
    • All Pokemon sprites will be animated during their battle entrance
    • PokeDex to use both screens of DS, as well as touch-screen feature
    • Secret bases making a return
    • Up to 16-player multiplayer (however that works)
    • More f-chan goodness

The three starting Pokemon:

Hopefully Diamond and Pearl will rekindle the Pokemon love so many of us were guilty of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%...mond_and_Pearl
    http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/diamondpearl.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dp2.jpg 
Views:	1331 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	20275  
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. Quote Originally Posted by Giltch View Post
    The three starting Pokemon:

Those are fucking hot.

You know, I'd pick these up if I had a DS when they launched just for that penguin.

Can I be evil yet?

4. This game wins because I can start with a monkey. The only way this gets better is if there are ninja, pirate, and viking PokeMon.

And Mortal Kombat.

5. I haven't played a Pokemon since the original Red, but I'm kind of looking forward to these. Proper pokemon on DS = win imo. Netplay will be awesome.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

Gold and Silver were the last great Pokemon games. That was like 5 years ago.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

I can't believe I am seeing a thread on this trash at TNL. Surely Giltch has broken some rule that could result in teh bandstick.

8. This game is going to be amazing and I'm excited as heck for it.

Battling and trading over wifi will be enough for me to setup a wireless network at the house for it.

The pokeman import feature from the gba to the ds is awesome as well.

I just started playing through Fire Red again a week or so ago in anticipation of this.

9. As awesome as a monkey with a flaming ass is, I simply don't want to go near another OCD collect and grind-fest Pokemon game again.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor View Post
    Gold and Silver were the last great Pokemon games. That was like 5 years ago.
    I haven't played one since Red and Blue, in uh, 4th/5th grade for me. I miss Pokemon not completely sucking. Really, I have no desire to even think about the series anymore, it just got too retarded.