Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS as a media player.

1. DS as a media player.

Hay guys, I'm trying to get out of buying my wife a video iPod, and one option that has presented itself is using her DS.

She commutes to work, and gets bored playing games all week, so I figure I might try a Passcard + GBA Movie Player combo. I already have a 2gb SD card, so I could come out of it pretty cheap.

Anyone have any experience using the DS (or GBA I guess) for video/audio? Basically I just wanna know if it's worth the effort
    Last edited by Detour; 06 Sep 2006 at 06:54 AM.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

2. get her a library card

3. haah.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    I'm trying to get out of buying my wife a video iPod
    What a catch.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

5. Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    Hay guys, I'm trying to get out of buying my wife a video iPod, and one option that has presented itself is using her DS.

She commutes to work, and gets bored playing games all week, so I figure I might try a Passcard + GBA Movie Player combo. I already have a 2gb SD card, so I could come out of it pretty cheap.

Anyone have any experience using the DS (or GBA I guess) for video/audio? Basically I just wanna know if it's worth the effort
    We just got in an item at work that's made specifically for this on the DS.. I believe Datel makes it. I have no experience with it, but it's actually helped us sell even MORE DSs since it now let's people do stuff on their DS that they wanted a PSP for.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

6. www.bestbuy.com

apparently it only works for the ds lite.

7. We only carry DS Lite stuff now, so that makes sense. Bummer for those that didn't upgrade though.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

Yeah I noticed how normal DS stuff is super rare now.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

Buy her an iPod you cheap pos.

lol @ watching anything on that tiny ass screen