Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAROMARU (yes, the rare Saturn import) and Sealed DKC 2 on SNES 1 cent!

1. TAROMARU (yes, the rare Saturn import) and Sealed DKC 2 on SNES 1 cent!

Well, 1 cent was the starting bid. It's gone up to $72 as of now. DKC2 is at six cents.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130023182361

Here it is... in "gamer condition" so to speak. You definitely will able to get this cheaper than the other more complete Taromaru auctions out there. I was going to auction this anywhere from September to late November, but decided to do it this morning. With the Winter season quickly approaching us, the falling leaves, darkening days.... there is NO time better than now to enjoy this morbid 2D/3D arcade scroller that only roughly 7,500 copies were made.

I've enjoyed it since 2/28/03. Particularly every Halloween... the mood is just perfect, especially that 1st stage with the fog transparent effects and spooky ghost town at night.

Good luck to all.

---

And sealed DKC2 players choice for SNES

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130023432244

yes I know I am new to TNL, but I''ve been posting at Neo-Geo, DigitPress and several other sites for years now. Decided to finally scope out TNL and thought it looks pretty cool, so here I am.

TNL looked so cool that you decided to make exactly one post that happened to be a shill. Nice form.

3. Taromaru is a fantastic game, and one of the best side scrollers i've ever played.

shame it's so rare, but at least it's widely available on the internets.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    TNL looked so cool that you decided to make exactly one post that happened to be a shill. Nice form.
    Give me some time, sheesh. Right now it was about getting this out there. I'll make some "real" posts later.

5. I looked at this, intrigued, but then I saw that it has no front cover. Whats the point of spending gobs of money on a single game if its not even totally complete like that? I dunno, you'll get a lot of money for it but its just not worth it to me IMO.

6. Aye, nothing like a good ole bootleg sale.

7. Quote Originally Posted by johnk_ View Post
    shame it's so rare, but at least it's widely available on the internets.
    I think you should go to some safe place and explain to me how this works.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I looked at this, intrigued, but then I saw that it has no front cover. Whats the point of spending gobs of money on a single game if its not even totally complete like that? I dunno, you'll get a lot of money for it but its just not worth it to me IMO.
    Depends on what the final price is, I guess.

I might consider buying Taromaru at maybe $100 in this condition, especially since I'll never have a chance to own a complete copy for less than $250-300.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. There has been much debate on how much my copy is worth. Like I said at other places, I put no reserve on it because I will sell it whether it ends at 80 or 180 -- I don't particularly care (although it would be real nice if it ends at 180). Some gamers (maybe collectors?) have complained that it is missing the front cover/back cover.

In the grand scheme of things, IMHO it's not THAT important. If it really bugs you you can *always* get a scan of the front (and back) cover and put it over the manual. If I had the chance to save $50-$100 to buy a game that was missing the front/back cover, I'd do it 9 times out of 10 -- that's my honest personal feeling and belief.