Thread: Capcom CPS2 suicide battery

1. Capcom CPS2 suicide battery

A co-worker just bought a cab with Marvel vs Capcom. I told him about the suicide batteries in CPS2 games and he freaked. I don't know enough about them to fix it. Anyone here know where the experts on the suicide batteries are?

Here I googled it for you.

At least his CPS3 battery didn't die.

RIP Darmonde's Third Strike =*(

Pretty sure you have to replace the battery while it's still alive; you're done once it's out. Unless someone has all the info that the board needs somewhere and can flash it back on, which is a bigger pain in the ass than replacing the battery. I think all the CPS2 encryption has been cracked at this point, so it's certainly possible.

I can't think of what else Capcom could have done to make arcade technology less home-user friendly, maybe make dead fetuses their only power supply.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Here I googled it for you.
    Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, I already Googled it. Was hoping for some first hand knowledge in the subject. Thanks.

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/cle...t/prod_65.html

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I can't think of what else Capcom could have done to make arcade technology less home-user friendly, maybe make dead fetuses their only power supply.
    I think they outdid themselves with CPS3... those boards seem to die if you look at them funny, let sunlight touch them, or use vowels in their presence. A friend offered me one of his dead Warzard boards, but I really didn't know what I'd do with it. I think he had three, and they all died. THX CAPCOM

6. I think they outdid themselves with CPS3... those boards seem to die if you look at them funny, let sunlight touch them, or use vowels in their presence. A friend offered me one of his dead Warzard boards, but I really didn't know what I'd do with it. I think he had three, and they all died. THX CAPCOM
    It seriously sounds absurd. You've got the CD that takes its time to copy data to RAM, then to be decrypted by carts that are "sensitive to tampering" all before playing.

Lots of room for something to bust up, little chance for emu authors to do their thang. capcom

7. http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/

CPS2 is a piece of cake, nothing to worry about because if you break it, Raz can fix it for fairly cheap.

8. This info is extremely useful.

My buddy just picked up a working Marvel vs Capcom cab (w/ a japanese board, weird) this weekend at an auction. I'll let him know to get a new battery in there asap.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in