Thread: TNL Comic/Manga Club: Planetary

1. Opa Walking TNL Comic/Manga Club: Planetary

Welcome gentlemen and ladies(on the internet?) to the latest installment of the TNL comic and manga club. This time it's Warren Ellis' and John Cassiday's Planetary. Probably the slowest yet most worth the wait comic ever produced, and it's nearing it's end. So now dear collection and trade lovers is the right time to hop on the bandwagon and enjoy this pulp literature masterpiece.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_%28comics%29

Wildstorm: http://www.dccomics.com/wildstorm/

Summary: Millennium baby Elijah Snow, a recent amnesiac, is recruited by a unique organization called Planetary. Their motto, "It's a strange world, let's keep it that way", serves as the theme for the many adventures with homages to several genres of pop culture along the way (including pulp stories, comics, and asian cinema). To say anymore would be to spoil this amazing series, so dear TNLiens off you go.

2. I have the monthlies(lol like they really came out every month) through 25, and a couple of the one-shots. Time to bust them out.

Whats number is the last issue going to be?

Edit : NM wiki ftw #27

3. I bought the first issue of this when it came out (*checks wikipedia*) 7 years ago, and it's only in the mid-20's now? Wow.

That's, like, Battle Chasers bad.

4. I'm pretty interested in this since I've been hearing nothing but praise for it (and I do happen to like alot of Ellis's work) so I'm going to wait for a nice big hardcover wether it be in volumes or collected altogether.

Unless there's a few good collections out now that is.

5. There are trades of it out I just ordered mine from amazon.

Vol 1
    Vol 2
    Vol 3
    Cross Overs Vol

I can't wait to read this I live Ellis' stuff.

6. I got my volumes of this in today. I read the first volume, I have to say it is awesome. Personaly being a dork I really liked the second story in. OMG Mothra!!! I can't wait to read the rest.

[edit]
    I've read the rest. I have to say I just loved it. Thanks for another good pick guys. This was a wonderful read. I don't know what else to say other then at the twist in book too I started to make audible noises which means it has to be good.
    Last edited by Brand; 21 Oct 2006 at 06:48 PM.

7. 26 has been out for a couple of weeks. Suitable ending, but I look forward to the denouement, I think it'll have more surprises.

8. I love this comic. I wish i had the trades. (Santa, I want barnes and noble gift certificates DAMNIT I love you. have a cookie)
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]