Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I'm idiot. GIve me books to make me smarter

I like esquire for a mens mag, but diff lols at that mag for some reason.

I wish I could afford $75 socks.

not that I'd buy them, but it must be awesome to be able to waste that kind of cash. "lol, yes, I want some of your $75 made by adult white people socks."
    Last edited by Fe 26; 11 Sep 2006 at 10:26 PM.

2. I like GQ, actually. When did I laugh at Esquire?

one night in #TNL. We were talking about mags and you were all lol and shit. Maybe you were drinking.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar View Post
    A little OT, but what are some good magazines you guys would recommend? I have read a lot about the economist, and I would like to find the best one on science.
    Well, Science magazine is pretty much considered the gold standard, but it can get pretty deep into the terminology and might only confuse a layman. If you want something more accessable, go for Popular Science or Scientific American.
    Time for a change

5. Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks View Post
    one night in #TNL. We were talking about mags and you were all lol and shit. Maybe you were drinking.
    Probably, I've never read it, but like I said I like GQ and that's in the same category.

6. Mental Floss is a good magazine.

7. I don't know how they float with you, but I love biographies. Read a good one on Cicero 2 years ago, that one stands out to me. And if you're not looking for a novel or long book, just read TIME or National Geographic or something. When they do special reports they have some pretty interesting reads.

I have a pile of biographies at my house that I haven't started yet. I have one on Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, some queen, Einstein, and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks View Post
    some queen
    Opaque has a biography out?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar View Post
    A little OT, but what are some good magazines you guys would recommend? I have read a lot about the economist, and I would like to find the best one on science.
    Scientific American. Easily. Nat Geo is also good. Economist is a good mag too. I subscribe to all of them, including 2600 and Sports Illustrated.
    o_O