Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: I'm idiot. GIve me books to make me smarter

1. I read Terrorizer. For all your metal needs.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. If you have any interest in science/physics/cosmos, this is a good read:

For fiction, I would recommend George R R Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series, Wild Cards series and Tuf Voyaging. Asimov's Foundation Trilogy is a fun read too.

3. For magazines, I read the Columbia Journalism Review. A sub is a bit pricey and only comes out six times a year but damn is it worth it if you're a journalist. I swear by this magazine.

As for books, I've been reading up on unions to write a book on it but it's been a slow-going process since I'm working a full-time job and going to school for my final semester. I just say go with philosophical books. I've been reading up on Descarte's philosophical ideas and it's been pretty interesting so far.

4. I recommend National Geographic Magazine, one of the finest things you can read ever. Each issue has a variety of interesting articles that span social, political, cultural, historical, scientific, geographical, and medical issues. It is THE best publication out there today. I'd also recommend the Economist as well.

I'm reading a book about the 1953 American/British coup in Iran, called "All The Shah's Men", authored by Stephen Kinzer. Highly recommend it.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

5. If you like "All The Shah's Men" be sure to read "Bitter Fruit" and "Overthrow" as well.
    Time for a change