Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Main page?

1. Main page?

All right, here's something I've been wondering...

What's the point of having any content on the main page if it's not going to be updated?

TNL right now consists of the forum... and that's about it. Why not just get rid of everything outside of the forum and just have the main / page link to the forum itself?

Or does anyone have a better idea?
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe

2. 18:38 <MarkRyan> I think they should convert the front page to a blog-style site, like Kotaku or Joystiq.
    18:38 <MarkRyan> And let most frequent users update it.
    18:38 <MarkRyan> Slap a few ads on it, and recoup the costs of TNL (maybe make some extra).

18:45 <maruchan> what the fuck
    18:45 <maruchan> dont quot your self mark
    18:45 <maruchan> "[
    18:45 <maruchan> :P
    18:46 <MarkRyan> Okay.
    Last edited by MarkRyan; 10 Sep 2006 at 09:48 PM.

3. i agree the fourm should be the only thing it directs to..

thats a good idea too..

4. People still read the main page. omfgninjas' WoW preview had a ton of page views last year, and only maybe a half were from him.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

5. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone View Post
    People still read the main page. omfgninjas' WoW preview had a ton of page views last year, and only maybe a half were from him.
    Certainly keep that stuff accessible.

6. Why does the main page bother forum regulars so much? I'm gonna do with it what I'm gonna do with it, when I have time to do something with it.

The main site, which hasn't seen a new article going on two years now, probably does more traffic that 90% of the sites out there. You might be shocked.

Tell you what, I'm posting a review tomorrow as a sign of good faith.

7. And I like archived material on the Internet. Just like I like libraries and DVD box sets. I am not taking down the front page just because there's no new content, and I simply don't have time to do anything more for TNL than what I'm doing now.

The Wiki is the next thing TNL's doing (except for my review tomorrow) and there are plans beyond that, but in the meantime, the front page is pulling in readers and it stays as is. If I get to the point where I can comfortably organize something, I certainly will - and I expect to.

Sorry, if I seem defensive. It's just that after such a long hiatus, I've come back and worked harder on TNL than I have in years. I will get to everything.

TNL's front page is like that shoe store on your block that's always empty and never sells anything yet manages to stay open for years.

it's a drug front
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The main site, which hasn't seen a new article going on two years now, probably does more traffic that 90% of the sites out there. You might be shocked.
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Tell you what, I'm posting a review tomorrow as a sign of good faith.
    Why don't you get other people writting reviews again?

Just becuase you're busy doesn't mean it has to die. Teach some of the newer kids how to get shit taken care of.