Thread: Automatically generating metatags for html pages

1. Automatically generating metatags for html pages

Ok so a site I'm working on wants to add page-specific metatags to each story that gets posted. Right now the site is entirely in straight HTML and I'm wondering if there is a program that will automatically go in and pull keywords from a page and put them in the metatags. Putting the article title in the page < title > would be fantastic too.

Also, I'm open to backend solutions for a newspaper-style content management system as well, if anyone knows of any open-source programs.
    Last edited by K3V; 11 Sep 2006 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. I'm not familiar with any program that does that. As far as I'm concerned, the only reliable way you are going to add the metadata is through a manual process.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    I'm not familiar with any program that does that. As far as I'm concerned, the only reliable way you are going to add the metadata is through a manual process.
    That's what I was afeered of
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

4. I think that the best way to do what you're asking is to switch from plain HTML to something involving JS or PHP or maybe RoR (if you had the time/inclination to learn it).

Personally, I would rather pull things from a database and use PHP to deliver it to the client (metatags and all).