Page 1 of 94 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2006 MLB Thread Part 2

1. Official 2006 MLB Thread Part 2

The old thread was killing the database on every access so I had to lock it. So here we are.

Previous thread at http://the-nextlevel.com/board/showthread.php?t=40159
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

2. Fucking Willie couldn't put in Phil Humber for one fucking inning?? Did I have to see innings by Ring my Bell?? BARF!! Shitty game all around. Hey, at least Anibal didn't have a no no against the Mets.

3. Makes me think he might throw Humber a start. Bell and Ring aren't bad...Ring actually has promise. Williams wasn't good, either, but the defense really lost this game.

4. The defense was atrocious. Yea, Royce Ring has some potential and as a lefty he'll get his shots. Bell is AAAA for life and I figured Williams would have a start like this sooner or later. I just hate blowouts as they are just unwatchable. Wild Thing Oliver Perez pitches tomorrow and I hope he can match his last start but who knows with him. I can't wait until Pedro comes back and I hope he's healthy this time.

5. The Dodgers just finished playing the WORST baseball game I have ever seen in my 20 plus years of watching Dodger games. For those of you who did not see this game:

The Dodgers were beating the Cubs, 7-0 in the bottom of the fifth inning. SEVEN TO NOTHING....there is no excuse to lose this game to a team that is THIRTY GAMES UNDER .500...

However, GRADY LITTLE found a way to make the Dodgers lose the game again. Lowe was doing great, and he started getting ROCKED in the fifth inning. Did Little take him out after he gave up four runs? HELL NO, Little left Lowe in again until it became a 7-5 game and there were Cubs at second and third base!!! WTF!

SO, the Cubs ended up tying the game when it was 7-0 after 5 innings and they eventually won 9-8 in extra innings....

The most sickening stat about this game too is that the Cubs made SIX ERRORS!!! A team that loses a game in this fashion after the opposing team makes six errors doesn't really deserve to make the playoffs. Seriously, if the Dodgers miss the playoffs by one game.......then tonights game will truly be the reason why they lost the division

6. And if they make the playoffs, the Mets will fuck their shit up. Seriously, this is why the rest of the NL doesn't impress me.

Mets fought through a bunch of rain delays and an early deficit to beat the Marlins 6-4. Tough loss for the guppies.

But more importantly the Atlanta Braves have been mathematically eliminated from winning the NL East.

7. If the Braves win both games of their doubleheader against Gohron's Phils and the Mets win against the rotten fish then the NY Metropolitans will be the NL East Champs.

Grady Little sounds like a damn nightmare.
    Last edited by raystorm; 13 Sep 2006 at 01:07 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post

Grady Little sounds like a damn nightmare.
    Grady Little is a freaking nightmare. I don't think I have ever seen a manager who is more concerned with getting his starting pitchers a Win than getting the actual team a win. I can't count how many times this year he has left Lowe and Penny in long enough to actually blow the damn games. I'm one of the biggest Dodger fans there are, and even I am willing to admit that Penny and Lowe are five inning pitchers at best. Little definitely shouldn't count on them to go more than 5 innings, because I sure as hell haven't seen Brad Penny do it since the all star break.

If you guys want to read more humorous musings about the debacle that was tonights Dodger game go ahead and click on this link. Its a good read if you hate the Dodgers too

http://www.dodgerblues.com/content/news.html

9. The Reds won 2 in a row! I really thought they were dead set against doing that for the rest of the season. We really, really need to sweep San Diego in this series.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    the Atlanta Braves have been mathematically eliminated from winning the NL East.
    This is the second best news we'll get this week.