Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: Trackmania (Nations Forever, FREE game, Download or Be Banned)

1. Quote Originally Posted by isamu
    Trackmania is a very fast and adrenaline-fueled racing game, and it reminds me of those games. You could argue that another twichy original arcade game like Ridge Racer would have been better played with a keyboard too. But since that game came out in the arcade, it has a wheel attached to it and there was no kb/pad option obviously. Did that take away from its fun experience? Not in the least.
    Trackmania being exaggerated doesn't make it an arcade racing game at all. The key here is that, as far as I know, every environment in TM is designed around digital controls, and most of the best players use digital controls. Neither of these are the case with Ridge Racer or F355 Challenge or whatever.

I have no doubt that it would be a cool experience to use a wheel, but if I play better with digital controls, I'm using digital controls.

2. I play better with analog steering, personally. I can't see how you can use digital in some environments. Desert, for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Trackmania being exaggerated doesn't make it an arcade racing game at all.
    I know what you're getting at and you're right; Trackmania doesn't belong in an arcade. But people are usually making the distinction between arcade and sim racers, not arcade and console racers.
    Last edited by epmode; 19 Sep 2009 at 09:33 PM.

3. I made The Best Track.

4. Trackmania United Forever is 50% off on Steam for 24 hours. $20

Trackmania Nations Forever is still free, if you'd like to try it first.