Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Trackmania (Nations Forever, FREE game, Download or Be Banned)

1. Trackmania (Nations Forever, FREE game, Download or Be Banned)

Holy mother of fuck. Apparently this was looked over at LGC since I never heard about it.

http://www.trackmaniaunited.com/indexuk.htm

From the looks of it, Nadeo is merging all of the prior Trackmania games into one, jacking up the visuals, making the community even more integral to the game (how the fuck are they gonna do that, damn), and allowing one track to contain multiple environments. Or adding a ton of blocks, I don't know.

It looks awesome as all hell.

If they still use Starforce, I'm gonna flip the fuck out and unleash the fury on them, 'cause that'd be inexcusable. This is their chance to make me not worry about whether or not I can even play these games in the future.

Click for full size

Click for full size

"prebaked" lighting for tracks.
    Click for full size

(they also have a version of the last shot in a native HD res. zomg 360 port?)

Quote Originally Posted by the site
    Your date of birth in the TrackMania United universe will be the registration date of your first TrackMania.
    This makes me think that they'll be integrating all the Trackmania community content sites into the game itself and grouping all content by user accounts, as well as making a gigantor archive of user's times for all the tracks they play. That'd be crazy.
    Last edited by Tain; 12 Sep 2006 at 03:08 AM.

2. Oh yes, no Starforce means I can finally buy a game I've been wanting to own for a good long while. With Starforce means someone's blood.

360 version please!

James

3. this series needs to be on a console instead(X360/PS3). i bougt the first game when i was in paris hoping it has language selecting and it turns out it's in french only.

screw it.

4. Instead of PC? Absolutely not. As well as PC, though, definitely.

By first game, don't you mean Sunrise, the second game? I remember you posting about that.

And you want my English language file or something? There's barely anything to figure out in French in the first place, though...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    As well as PC, though, definitely.
    Agreed.

This is one of those series that makes me wish I had a powerful PC; or at the very least one which didn't overheat watching youtube videos. If they put this on 360 with it's crazy track editor and replay maker software (that video with 1,000 cars was made with an in game editor of sorts, right?) I might have a new addiction.

6. (that video with 1,000 cars was made with an in game editor of sorts, right?)
    Yeah, they call it the Media Tracker. You get a big old timeline-style editor where you can set up cameras, move them over time, add all sorts of effects, layer multiple replays, play with time, lay on text, import custom images and music, and so on. Even further, you can use the Media Tracker to make intro fly-throughs that will play back automatically when someone loads up your track, and set up camera angles and effects for replays people see when they finish racing. To top it all off, you can tell the game to frame by frame render a replay over a long period of time on stupidly high detail and export it to an AVI.

It's so far beyond any sort of demo/replay support I've seen in a game. Blew my mind when I realized what all you can do with it.

The level editor itself, despite being grid based, is just as awesome. You can make your own dynamic billboards, for christ's sake.

Not to mention the car painter, or the developers releasing car template models and guides for fan 3d artists to make their own car geometry.

The customization is just nutty.

7. Yeah, I have to agree with the above, this game could be really popular if they put it on consoles.

8. *dead*

9. No Starforce = insta-purchase
    Starforce = neva-purchase

Ya listening, Nadeo?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    No Starforce = insta-purchase
    Starforce = neva-purchase

Ya listening, Nadeo?

you have to say it in french.