Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Afrika

1. Smile Afrika

This was shown at E3 in a brief video clip of, well... some rather pastoral scenes of animals grazing in -- you guessed it -- Africa.

That's what we know.

I love this all too brief period of anticipation before a system launches, when new, potentially genre-breaking titles are shown, but little to nothing is known about them. What is Afrika about? How will it play? Is it a nature sim? An action hunting game? A photography/survival RPG? Or something else entirely? Maybe it allows one to actually live the lives of various Africa-dwelling species...

Be the zebra for awhile, attempting to blend into the pack, running desperately for your dear life when the lion catches your scent. Next, be the lion, hunting and dominating, tearing the flesh from the splintering bones of a helpless, dying zebra. Finally, switch to the vulture and clean up nature's mess.

That's just one possibility. The point is Afrika could be anything. Let's allow ourselves the tiniest scrap of excitement, not tainted by cynicism... if only for a moment.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afrika.jpg 
Views:	815 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	20373  
    Last edited by Compass; 12 Sep 2006 at 10:10 PM.

2. I want to see white people talking on the phone about how big the elephant they just shot was.

3. I thought it looked pretty cool during the E3 presentation. But all anybody else wanted to talk about was giant crabs.
    -Kyo

4. *munch*munch*munch*

Actually, I want Afrika to be good. I've no idea what it is but at least it's something different. Probably.

James

5. garbage...it'd be cool if it was like Pokemon Snap or Photoboy

6. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    *munch*munch*munch*

Actually, I want Afrika to be good. I've no idea what it is but at least it's something different. Probably.

James
    If this turns out to be a WWII shooter or a racer, I'm going to laugh at you.
    You watch your back.

7. Only reason why I entered this thread is becuase I'm black.

Only reason.

Those are some shiny anmals.

9. This game has no right to be ripping off Mortal Kombat's K gimmick.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico