Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Eating Now?

1. Buffalo chicken pizza at Geno's right in front of Queens College. They bake bleu cheese sauce on top of the whole thing, which is already a tower of chewy dough, modest amounts of cheese, and chicken with some of the best buffalo sauce I've ever come across.

2. ProTip: Chipotle is owned by McD's (at least I think someone told me it was, weird since they are so different)

They owned something like 70% at the beginning of the year, but plans on getting rid of all their shares by year's end.

4. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Basically, does Hummus belong on a pizza? Not really. It's something people would eat just to say, "Oh, you should try hummus on pizza, it's divine." Without any real reason other than to seem 'cultured'.

Also, at what point does pizza stop being pizza? If you're putting hummus on some flat bread with cheese, I don't think that's really pizza anymore.
    Who cares, Hummus is fucking delicious.

Edit: I should try making my own sometime.
    Last edited by animegirl; 27 Sep 2006 at 11:27 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Um, what if they happen to think it actually tastes really good? I'm quite curious to try it, as I love hummus in/on most kinds of food.

No, I really don't like where you're going here. Hey man, people don't really like hummus pizza! It's all a front! You're just trying to look cool!

People crying foul about pretension in most things strike me as trying to paint themselves as really down to earth, when in reality they're often just averse to ideas other than their own. So anything remotely exotic or unusual is pretentious now... got it. Would you say high-class food is pretentious, too? Good cuts of meat, caviar, foie gras, the freshest fish and vegetables are only for elitists now. Normal people eat McDonalds, man, that's real.

So is chicken wing pizza with wing sauce instead of tomato sauce no longer a pizza? Or pesto pizza? Or what about white pizzas? White pizzas with tomato? Do they lose their distinction as pizza as well? Whatever they are, they're good, and that's what's important, right? For what it's worth, I agree with dakidski. Everything can have a place on pizza! Most places have come so far from what pizza originally was that it's not even worth arguing about its status. I've had some weird pizzas but pepperoni + pineapple is still the best.

Try different food combinations. It's a ton of fun. Don't be a retard and shoot shit down because you think it sounds weird. I didn't think bbq sauce would be good on fish sticks, and I was dead wrong. Not so odd. Orange juice on some cereals is good. Tonkatsu sauce on strawberry Pop Tarts. Go for it.
    Dude, you took the sarcasm way too seriously. I'm all for trying new things.

I do believe that a pizza stops being a pizza when you start putting hummus on it though. It should have a different name. Pizzarabia or something.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Meatloaf and potato chips.

LOL @ my stupid diet

7. I had pizza loaded with sausage and bacon.

It was pretty hardcore.

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Dude, you took the sarcasm way too seriously. I'm all for trying new things.
    We all know how well sarcasm usually works on the internet.

It's awfully hard to tell the real insufferable dickheads from those who are pretending to be. And, I mean... it's TNL. Anyway.

On the subject of hummus, I was at the amazing Boston Shawarma on Huntington tonight and I was feeling like having something new that I was thinking about: chunks of lamb, stuffed grape leaves, and a huge helping of hummus in a grilled pita. They made it for me and holy shit, it was everything I hoped it would be. Exactly as I imagined it. Hooray dinner!

edit: oh god I double postedhgdf
    Last edited by Grave; 28 Sep 2006 at 01:02 AM.

9. I had Mamoun's Falafel the other day. Lemme tell ya, that fucker makes a mean falafel.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

10. Generic store-variety frosted flakes. Antibiotics for my sinus infection are upsetting my stomach like mad so I'm afraid to eat anything else.