Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3949515253

Thread: What Are You Eating Now?

1. fresh blue,black and raspberries.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

2. I've been in the mood for some jerky so I ordered some People's Choice Old fashioned as that's what was mostly recommended as being "real" jerky- not that Jack Links trash.
    It's definitely, uh, something. Guess I'm more used to something a bit more moist. I feel like a dog working my way through some rawhide.
    Aside from DIY, yall got any recommendations? I've had Jack Links (which I wouldn't call trash, but it's too salty/ fake flavored for me), Pemmican, and now this.

3. The problem there is probably the fact that real jerky wasn't meant to be just eaten on it's own. It was meant as a preservation technique (which I'm sure you already know) and you'd cut it up and add it to a stew or chili, something like that. Where it would cook for awhile and soak moisture back up. That probably doesn't help you with your quest for jerky satisfaction though. Sorry.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. That $10 gas station jerky is always hella good imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. I hate sweet, moist jerky. I don't eat jerky often.
    Once a year when I am traveling through Texas, I will stop at a place that makes their own jerkies. It is mostly the rawhide kind and it's a nice treat for a long car ride.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Mucked about today and ate a little junk food when i shouldn't have been. Buttforce.

It was a grilled cheese and some things called "pea crisps" I bought on sale. Carb overload.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

7. You consider grilled cheese junk food?

I like cheap jerky – often bring it when I portage and camp in the summer. It’s chewable, easy to stow, and doesn’t require a fridge. I get tired of it after 2 or 3 pieces though.