Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Namor: The Sub-Mariner

1. Namor: The Sub-Mariner

They have a director and he is also rewriting the script.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperheroHype!

Jonathan Mostow to Helm Sub-Mariner!
    Source: Variety
    September 13, 2006

Universal Pictures has signed Terminator: Rise of the Machines director Jonathan Mostow to rewrite and direct Marvel Studios' Sub-Mariner.

Variety says Mostow has cleared his schedule to make Sub-Mariner his next film. The Comic, created by cartoonist Bill Everett in April 1939, centers on a young man who discovers he's actually a descendant from the long-lost kingdom of Atlantis. He turns out to be the key man in a brewing war between the underwater world and our own.

Kevin Misher is producing through his Misher Films along with Marvel Studios. Universal's Peter Cramer is overseeing for the studio, Kevin Feige for Marvel. David Self wrote an earlier draft of the screenplay.

Mostow's past credits also include U-571 and Breakdown.

I am not sure about the director re-writing the script. This just sounds like it will turn to a Goyer-ish film. Plus the director did Terminator 3. It was okay, but not the best of the series.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. True, but the T-X/T-801 fight was exactly what I've been waiting to see since the beginning.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

3. Imperius Rex!
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

4. Well they have an actor now or might.

Quote Originally Posted by SHH!
    News

David Boreanaz Up for Sub-Mariner?
    Source: Horrie
    May 14, 2007

While this should be taken with a fair amount of salt, scooper 'Horrie' writes:

Just got home from my acting class, and a classmate tells me she just did a guest turn on TVs "Bones". Don't know that there's any truth to this or not, but she's saying that David Boreanaz from the show may be up for - or has auditioned - for the "Sub Mariner" movie...he said he had... P.S though my friend called it the "Namor" movie. I assume its the same thing we're talking about.

The Universal Pictures project will be directed by Jonathan Mostow (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines), who also rewrote the script.

I'm unsure about this news.
    Last edited by Advocate; 14 May 2007 at 02:46 PM.

5. This will be really bad.

6. Gay.

I mean, the guy flies because he has little wings on his ankles. wtf.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 15 May 2007 at 09:14 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Devil Dinosaur deserves a movie more than fucking Namor.

8. You know all the Namor haters. At least he's better than Aquaman.

Namor rocked the crap out of Sue Storm and other Marvel chicks. He's the man ... even if he has the wings on his feet. PLUS he a fucking Mutant.

9. I like David Boreanaz.

10. When was it determined that Namor was a mutant?