Page 1 of 130 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: King of Fighters XII - Official Thread

1. King of Fighters XII - Official Thread

According to Insert Credit, SNK Playmore has announced (surprise, surprise) King of Fighters XII at the 44th AM show in Japan. The game will (I'm guessing) close the Ash Crimson saga started in KOF 2003. So far, only a logo has been released (which I can't find at the moment), but what's interesting is that SNK has ended its relationship with Sega Sammy and partnered with Taito to publish its game on Taito's Type-X 2 system.

SNK is also developing Samurai Spirits Sen (3D Samurai Shodown) and KOF: Maximum Impact Alternative (arcade port of MI:2 with new character, Ash Crimson).

No word on release dates for the games, but I'm curious to see who makes the cut in KOF XII. Here's hoping for a Buriki One team. Considering that it's been a year since KOF XI, it's safe to assume that SNK will be reusing the same ol' sprites.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    Considering that it's been a year since KOF XI, it's safe to assume that SNK will be reusing the same ol' sprites.
    Considering XI is the best fighting game of the last 5 years, I couldn't care less.

I see a Wii port in XII's future... or rather Xii's.

3. http://www.oteragame.net/new.php?NewID=5196
    Here's something about Taito's Type-X 2 system, in French though. Their new Vewlix cabinet looks amazing, and can display in 1380x768.

SNK is welcome to redraw the sprites (Type-X 2 surely will have more RAM than Atomiswave) but I'll let it slide again if they don't, considering how good KOF XI is. Adding a good 6-12 new characters can make up for that easily.

Momoko, Elisabeth, and Oswald need to stick around for this one. Bob Wilson, Mochizuki, Hon-fu, Lee Pai Long, and John Crowley (if he shows up, he's gotta have his original AOF1 taunt) deserve a spot here as well.

Bring back either Heidern or Leona in place of Whip.

4. If they just repackage XI and add Heidern, I would be satisfied.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rocca View Post
    If they just repackage XI and add Heidern, I would be satisfied.
    Screw that. Buriki One Team plz.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

6. XI in the US would be nice first.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

7. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    XI in the US would be nice first.
    It would only matter if they enabled local netplay. Feeding off of servers in Japan and timing out every match isn't all exactly what I call fun.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rocca View Post
    It would only matter if they enabled local netplay. Feeding off of servers in Japan and timing out every match isn't all exactly what I call fun.
    To be honest, I just want to play the game.

Net play would just be a bonus.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.