Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: King of Fighters XII - Official Thread

1. You do know that SNK IS Playmore, right?

There was a brief time when Eikichi Kawasaki couldn't get his intellectual properties back so he basically renamed the company until he could win back the rights to SNK and all of it's IP.

Some core teams have changed over the years...but by and far it's the same people.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power View Post
    You do know that SNK IS Playmore, right?
    I can only assume he is thinking of Eolith- which has been booted from any SNKP properties. Did they develop Samurai Spirits V Special?

I hope that Hanzo being in KOF MI2 was a test-run for the new 3D one. Just use a (slightly) modified MI2 engine and SNKP has my $$.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash View Post
    I can only assume he is thinking of Eolith- which has been booted from any SNKP properties. Did they develop Samurai Spirits V Special?

I hope that Hanzo being in KOF MI2 was a test-run for the new 3D one. Just use a (slightly) modified MI2 engine and SNKP has my $$.
    Eolith got booted right after KOF 2002, a while before SSV. Yuki did SSV and SSV Special- and also the Touryuumon mahjong game on 360.

4. Insert-Credit is reporting that KOFXII will have High-Res sprites.

5. Thank Oswald Ace.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash View Post
    Insert-Credit is reporting that KOFXII will have High-Res sprites.
    Cyberfanatix is also reporting about the new graphics.

Ash Crimson and Elisabeth Branctorche are first characters confirmed to be [in] King Of Fighters XII. According to Nona, the develpment is taking a long time because they have thrown [away] every single piece of graphics from older KOF games. They are making everything from scratch. (about time now!).
    Awesome. I don't care how long SNK works on this game, because we've been asking for new sprites for a long time. I wonder if the new graphics will be Guilty Gear quality with better animation.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tx_tgs2006_typex2_01.jpg 
Views:	9893 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	20633  
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

7. I Hope SNKP doesn't use that shitty 94 Rebout filter on the XII sprites. But I have a feeling that may be the case. *cry*

EDIT- Nona reportedly said scrapping all sprites and starting over...

FUCK YES!
    Last edited by New Age of Aces; 22 Sep 2006 at 07:55 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by New Age of Aces View Post
    I Hope SNKP doesn't use that shitty 94 Rebout filter on the XII sprites. But I have a feeling that may be the case. *cry*

EDIT- Nona reportedly said scrapping all sprites and starting over...

FUCK YES!
    Hallelujah! Just as I had learnt to accept the KOF XI sprites as they were, now they go and do it. This is a big favor IMHO.

About the rumored Street Fighter 4 in 2007- If this is real, I hope Capcom follows suit and makes a 2D game as awesome as KOF XII should be. If they make SF4 into a 3D game, they will have killed the series as far as I'm concerned. Their War of the Grail is said on System16 to be a Type-X+ title, so here's hoping they'll put SF4 on one of Taito's boards.

9. WTF is Haohmaru doing in a KOF game?