Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One time I will agree with the NJ gov't.(local)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    I agree with both you, g0zen, and Diff. I might be a conservative, but letting them get away with this is a travesty.

And I know the place in question. Its worse than described in the article. You can see the old iron rust seeping onto the roadway and the ground is not a normal shade anymore. Grass is non-existant and the tree line is moving further and further away, on both sides of the road. Both sides of the roadway the trees are dying. I never see wildlife there. Its bad.
    Of course. The idea that thousands of tons of nuclear waste poses no problem whatsoever is absurd. The idea that this shitty company is blackmailing the state with bankruptcy if they are forced to clean their mess is evil. The fact that they will probably get away with it is just sad.

Once they move to Brazil (probably to get out of paying taxes) they will never be held responsible and that's why they are saying there is no problem and the corporate stooges in the government is playing along. In 5 years when frogs are found with 3 heads the CEO will be sailing in the Atlantic on his yacht.

2. Nuke Brazil for harboring terrorist.

3. If this company declares bankruptcy, then by definition there is no money to pay for this.

The solution is to force businesses who create significant environmental hazards to put up monster bonds before they go under to pay for shit after they go under.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

4. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    If this company declares bankruptcy, then by definition there is no money to pay for this.
    Funny how that bankruptcy law from a couple years ago says individual citizens have to scrape together money to pay what they owe but companies don't have to.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Funny how that bankruptcy law from a couple years ago says individual citizens have to scrape together money to pay what they owe but companies don't have to.
    I didn't know that. Interesting.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I didn't know that. Interesting.
    Yeah, its quite pathetic really.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    If this company declares bankruptcy, then by definition there is no money to pay for this.

The solution is to force businesses who create significant environmental hazards to put up monster bonds before they go under to pay for shit after they go under.
    Winner!

Also, I'm calling BS on the company getting away with this. If they do, NJ loses at life.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

8. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    It doesn't mean there's no money to pay for it, just that the company can use the debts its already accumlated to get shelter under Chapter 11 and then go through some phoney-baloney 'reorganizing' while they set up shop again in Rio.
    Time for a change

9. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post

Also, I'm calling BS on the company getting away with this. If they do, NJ loses at life.
    The reality is that this would fly in every state except for maybe California.

10. What, no jokes about Jersey already being a radioactive waste dump? This thread is a letdown.