Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White Knight Story

It's me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timmyx.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	20669  
    I took all your French Toast.

2. Quote Originally Posted by J2d View Post
    What part of it was cg? It looked like realtime to me.
    There's a noticeable difference (at least to me) between the cinematic parts and the battle parts. It could all be using the in-game engine, though, like how Mass Effect uses the in-game engine for the cinematics, but looks less impressive during actual gameplay.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    I'm not as impressed by the graphics as everyone else seems to be. It looks like it mixes CG with realtime in the same way Lost Odyssey does.
    There was no CG in that clip. It was all realtime.

You need to quit thinking in terms of the limitations of the PS2. The PS3 is roughly 12 times more powerful than the PS2 so it only makes sense that the system can produce those kind of gameplay graphics.

And if that boss at the end isn't a Lord of the Rings rip off, I don't know what is.

4. I'm not thinking in limitations of anything.

5. I think the environments look nice, but overall Lost Odyssey looks better. Certainly more original art direction.

But I love what they did with the battles. I hope LO takes a cue from this. It needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of 7s View Post
    And if that boss at the end isn't a Lord of the Rings rip off, I don't know what is.
    How is it a Lord of the Rings ripoff? Because it involves fire? There was nothing at all that looked like that boss in those movies.
    -Kyo

6. What I don't get about the battle system, is are you telling the characters what to do and then just leaving them on their own, hoping they're winning with the combo you gave them? I should really read a preview...

7. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    How is it a Lord of the Rings ripoff? Because it involves fire? There was nothing at all that looked like that boss in those movies.
    Sarcasm noted.

8. New trailer:
    http://cdn.jp.playstation.com/4m/pre07/shirokishi.wmv

This game looks fuckin' nuts.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

9. Not wildly original, but it's sure pretty, yeah. I'll take this over Lost Odyssey.

10. I saw the title and thought they were making a game based off the 'Birth of a Nation' movie license.
    Time for a change