Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shenmue 2 Revisited Warning ALL SPOILERS REVEALED...

Shenmue 2 Revisited Warning ALL SPOILERS REVEALED...

Shenmue 2 is one of the best games to ever grace the Dreamcast Console. I had finished once sort of a rush job getting the next event to happen not stopping to enjoy the scenery but what a ride! I will soon begin a new game exploring the details of the Shenmue world.

So many parts of the game stand out for me including seeing Lan Di on the ladder hanging from the Helicopter so close yet so far. That was a highlight for me and got my blood pumping.The fight with Don Niu was tough it took me about 20 times to get the hang of it basically hiting and moving but what a memorable battle.

Or what about the fight to the roof the QTE's were amazing and genius the way they were laid out,the chainsaw battle was classic.

Ren and Ryu had great chemistry and I liked how they ended up working together.

I missed the Fangmei Birthday event and the Duck Races are they anything special?

Not to keen on the first person battles not sure why they added them, oh well at least they were easy.

My absolute favorite music track was at the end of the game that started after they showed a still of Don Niu being beaten anyone know the name of the track and what I am talking about?

Share your favorite moments and hopes for the X-Box version and the next chapter.

Korian

2. Re: Shenmue 2 Revisited Warning ALL SPOILERS REVEALED...

Originally posted by Korian
    Share your favorite moments and hopes for the X-Box version and the next chapter.

Korian
    Best moments I had were with Fangmei. That extra cutscene at the end of Disc 3 was just awesome. The whole Yellow Head Bldg. event was cool too. Guilin was breathtaking. That's pure artistry right there.

Can't wait for part 3, and I'm sure the XBOX rev of part 2 will deliver the goods. The one hope I had for it(60 fps) has already been dashed though...

3. i don't remember the game really well anymore. but these are some of my favorite parts from it...

at the end of disc 2 when you're chasing down ren and you guys end up falling on the truck. that was fun shit.

also i think in the 3rd disc when ryo and ren are trying to escape from the building, that was also some fun shit.

i didn't really like part 1 at all, i just kept playing through it too see how much more of a loser Ryo would become. infact, the only reason i played part 2 was to see if Ryo would continue his legacy of being such a loser.
    but that didn't turn out to be the case this time around. great game though.

4. Re: Re: Shenmue 2 Revisited Warning ALL SPOILERS REVEALED...

Originally posted by Freeter
    I'm sure the XBOX rev of part 2 will deliver the goods.
    man oh man are you gonna be disgusted when you hear Ren's new voice.

5. My hope for the sequel is that it won't be on the Xbox. That is all.

6. Originally posted by Rob
    My hope for the sequel is that it won't be on the Xbox.
    why is that? AM2 would be able to do some really awesome shit with the series if they continued it on xbox...or GameCube

seriously though, even if it was on PS2, they'll still be able to do more with the game then they could on a Dreamcast, and that's nothing but good things for me.

7. Originally posted by Rob
    My hope for the sequel is that it won't be on the Xbox. That is all.
    Provided we actually get one. They might not continue the series if the XBOX S2 sales don't deliver.

And what system do you want it to be on?

8. Originally posted by Lucas Barton
    seriously though, even if it was on PS2, they'll still be able to do more with the game then they could on a Dreamcast, and that's nothing but good things for me.
    Yeah, that's the good side of it, but I'd still rather have it on the Dreamcast if it wasn't already an impossibility. You know, with the linking save files and all.

Originally posted by Freeter
    And what system do you want it to be on?
    PlayStation 2 or GameCube, don't really care. I'll own both eventually.

9. This thread reminds me that I have a copy of the European Shenmue II lying around my house.....waiting to be use. Damn, if I could only find a boot CD.

Shenmue 2 is a great game but I really hated the over-abundance of QTE's. I found them pretty frustrating.