Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World War Z

1. World War Z

I just picked up "World War Z - An Oral History of the Zombie War" by Max Brooks, who also wrote the extremely awesome "Zombie Survival Guide".

The book is set up as a series of interviews with various people throughout the world telling their stories of what happened to them during and after "The Great Panic", a zombie outbreak of world-ending proportions.

If you've read the Survival Guide, it's much like the short historical stories that can be found at the end of the book, only a bit more detailed and character driven.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World War Z.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	20653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zombie Survival Guide.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	20654  

2. Haven't read his stuff but he's the son of Mel Brooks.

3. Soon to be a major motion picture.
    Time for a change

4. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen View Post
    Soon to be a major motion picture.
    Awesome.

5. He was just on radio. If you live in Philly. He was on 610 radio discussing his book. Sounds pretty cool. I'll be picking this up.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Got the audio book over the weekend. It's pretty good so far. Best part is the cast they have reading the testamonials...

Jurgen Prochnow
    Carl Reiner
    Rob Reiner
    Alan Alda
    John Turturro
    Mark Hamill
    Henry Rollins

And some other people I don't really know.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

7. I am reading this right now. I am enjoying it and it is much more serious than the Survival Guide. I don't know how they would make it into a movie though, it would have to be fucking EPIC.

8. reading this too, have not read the survival guide... yet

Only about 75 pages in, there are some really good sections with clever "interviews" and there are a few that just suck, but overall painting a good picture of a post apocalyptical society. the buildup is great, hopefully it will have a good climax

9. I have to find the Zombie Survival Guide somewhere in my apartment. it was a really good read.

10. The audio book of this is fantastic. Really.