Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series

1. Yah, the series get much better, although I need to reread A Feast for Crows before Dance comes out.

2. GRRM has his first podcast about A Song of Fire and Ice:

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/news.html

Lower right.

3. I read the first two books a couple years ago, and then just... stopped reading books almost altogether. I've seriously read like maybe six books in the last two years. Too many games, DVDs, and CDs to get through. I used to read like a fiend when I was younger, too.

Anyway, I bought A Storm of Swords, and it's next in line. Maybe I'll start it in December. Arya's my favorite by far. Tyrion's way cool, too. Damn, it's gonna suck when I finally go back, though, because there are *so* many characters and so damn much happens in those first two books, I'm not gonna remember what the hell's going on. I need Cliff's Notes or something.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Anyway, I bought A Storm of Swords, and it's next in line. Maybe I'll start it in December. Arya's my favorite by far. Tyrion's way cool, too. Damn, it's gonna suck when I finally go back, though, because there are *so* many characters and so damn much happens in those first two books, I'm not gonna remember what the hell's going on. I need Cliff's Notes or something.
    Yea, I started reading this series back in middle school. Waiting for a new release takes forever so you just end up forgetting everything.

5. Started reading the first book last night and am already enjoying it. Makes a nice break from all the Sci Fi I've been reading over the last year.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

6. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar View Post
    Yea, I started reading this series back in middle school. Waiting for a new release takes forever so you just end up forgetting everything.
    I don't remember everything, but you should be able to remember the major plot points. Anyway, the series is better the 2nd/3rd time because there are some foreshadowing even in book 1, which you would not have realized until you finish book 3.

I am going to reread book 2 once I finish with Dune. I have reread A Game of Thrones 3 times now so I pretty remember everything about that book, hehe.

7. Finished Feast of Crows over the weekend.
    I'm torn on how I feel about it. There certainly was a dearth of action going on, and while it's cool in a way that GRRM does some major stuff off camera if you will it almost seemed cheapened to have to learn of major plot moments after the fact and from bystander characters.
    I really hate this stuff and love it at the same time. His writing is so good that I get emotionally attached to a character, just to have them brutally dealt with.
    Can't wait for the next one so that I can see how the Stark family gets screwed some more!

8. I think the Stark family is done getting screwed with.... I see the remaining children kicking ass and taking names very soon... Jon Snow should control both the North and the Wall... Arya will learn to kill, Bran will learn to warg and control wolves/animals. Not sure about Rickton, but the wild card IMO is Sansa. I think she is learning alot of craftiness from Little Finger and will one day punish Cersei/Lannister when she learns to play the game of thrones!

9. after ten years of the internet, you'd think i'd know how to do spoilers, but i'll try to keep it on the DL.
    Isn't the person you name at the bottom of your spoiler dead? It seemed like the church was going to take care of ...

10. Thumbs Up

I'm nearing the end of Game of Thrones.

I found it kind of hard to get into for the first few chapters, but now I can hardly put the fucking thing down. I read till about 3:30 last night. Every time a chapter ends on a cliffhanger (re: always), I'm so fucking pumped to find out what is going on, I decide to read the next chapter (which for the most part is another character, at the other end of the realm) just to get back to the first thread, but then I'm pumped for the other thread, so I read the next chapter to get to the next one to get to the next one to get to the next one. It's a very good writing technique.

Fuck this book. 2 hours sleep last night. Bromm the sell-sword is fucking fantastic.

Also, I realise very little of that made sense, so I'll stfu and go finish the book now.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"