Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series

1. So that leaves what? 2 more books?

So shooting for having it done in 2020?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    lol
    damn...

Reading through this thread again is entertaining. I wonder if people solving the "ending" has caused him to reconsider how he will finish the book. It's probably hard for an old man like him to imagine a small group of people putting together the pieces and taking it to the community on the internet making it available to everyone interested. Hopefully he just sticks with it. Guess that's what happens when you drag ass for a decade and have a huge global fan base all talking to each other.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    damn...

Reading through this thread again is entertaining. I wonder if people solving the "ending" has caused him to reconsider how he will finish the book. It's probably hard for an old man like him to imagine a small group of people putting together the pieces and taking it to the community on the internet making it available to everyone interested. Hopefully he just sticks with it. Guess that's what happens when you drag ass for a decade and have a huge global fan base all talking to each other.
    What??? Someone figured out the ending and George told them they did? That was a dumb move on his part and I hope I don't accidentally see this guessed ending, even if he's going to change it.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

4. George hasn't said anything.. just if you read the boards there is a pretty legit theory about what will happen.

5. OK that's not as bad as it sounded, but I'd honestly rather not have it in my head for all those years, constantly comparing it to what I was reading.

6. I'm assuming you're talking about about Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon? He'll probably change that just because so many people expect it at this point.

7. Yeah that and it leading into Jon and Dany getting married and ruling at the end.Which seems like a logical conclusion since Dany is his aunt and Targaryen royalty practice incestuous marriage. It's interesting to speculate on what will happen since we'll probably never see the ending anyway.

8. Oh, I was already kind of assuming the John and Dany thing would happen, and already knew about John's likely parents. I didn't know that was considered some great deduction or something.

9. I don't know if Jon and Dany will happen, but I can see Jon winning the north, he is the defacto elder in the family after Rob's death and no longer a bastard and Imp helping Dany win the south, so maybe they will just split the 7 kingdoms into 2 and call it a day

10. Interesting theory. I don't know how that slipped under my radar...

I became completely obsessed with this series starting in October, and finished Dance about a month ago. At which point I went into a deep depression and didn't know what to do next.

Amazing series. GRRM better not die.