Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series

1. kof did you finish Dance with Dragons?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. No, it is really boring.

So that part where Samwell is fucking Gilly and he drinks her breast milk grossed me out. I have a problem with human breast milk. I've drank it straight from a nasty, shit-assed cow's udder but I would vomit if I got a beautiful woman's breast milk in my mouth. Fucking vomit.

So I made it through the 4th book but it was pretty slow going. The entire B Team gets rolled out and some new people you don't give a fuck about get introduced.

Do people seem to die a lot like, when you're not reading about them? Like someone will mention some other character died while you weren't looking and it's like uh, ok I guess.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. People in these books probably aren't dead unless you specifically see them die and then confirmed dead. Book 5 is probably better than 4, just because it starts off with the more interesting characters. About halfway through the characters from the fourth book start to get folded back in and the parallel timelines from books 4 and 5 merge.

You get most of the stories you heard offhand in this book and figure out why X thought Y was dead or whatever. Except for Loras. Who knows what the fuck happened to that guy after what was talked about in book 4?

I assume he was on the way out, sounded like he was burnt pretty gross.
    My Backloggery

6. I figured they would cover the actual event in book 5 though.

There was a note at the end of Book 4 that made it sound like 4 and 5 are supposed to be one giant book that takes place in the same span of time.
    My Backloggery

I finally saw what happened to Theon. Oh man.
    My Backloggery

9. I can't believe he makes you feel bad for the little fucker.

10. Not going to lie. I only started reading the books after I saw the first season of the TV series.

A Storm of Swords was awesome, half way through A Feast for Crows and I'm ... still enjoying it. But it's slowed down, and I hear A Dance With Dragons is terrible, so, I'm a little apprehensive about it. But, it's been good to actually, you know, read again.
    bastard of the new world order.