Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtf should I do?

1. Wtf should I do?

Ok, I got a ton of comedic ideas for like standup, scripts, movie ideas, etc. I just don't know what to do. Should I write up the ideas and try standup? Write a tv show script (these ideas would work well for a show like Curb Your Enthusiam, although the series is over), a movie and throw all my ideas in it, or what? I want whichever one is going to bring in the most cash.

2. You're going into this with the wrong attitude. If making the most money possible is your most immediate goal, you're not going to get anywhere soon.

The least time consuming effort you can dabble in is open mic nights for stand-up comedy. It's relatively cost-free, and if you really have that comedic edge, you'll know first hand.

The industry you're entering requires that you really love what you're doing, and requires so much effort on your part with the likely scenario that you'll get nothing from it.

3. Let's see how long it takes Frog to find this.

4. None of those options are realistic money makers.

5. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    Ok, I got a ton of comedic ideas for like standup, scripts, movie ideas, etc. I just don't know what to do. Should I write up the ideas and try standup? Write a tv show script (these ideas would work well for a show like Curb Your Enthusiam, although the series is over), a movie and throw all my ideas in it, or what? I want whichever one is going to bring in the most cash.
    I loled.

Maybe you're onto something. In an unknowing, post-modern sort of way.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

6. That's gold, Jerry, gold

7. Hay guyz, I plan on being a millionaire by selling my old Danger Girl action figures! Major Maxim alone should be worth at least a Lexus by now.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Hay guyz, I plan on being a millionaire by selling my old Danger Girl action figures! Major Maxim alone should be worth at least a Lexus by now.
    Danger Girl is teh hotness.

On topic: Try open mic nights. I had a slew of friends that have thought they'd like comedy only to find it's very different than what you might think. Give these a try first as a sort of litmus test for how you react with an actual paying audience. You might find it surprising.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    My 10 year old cousin plays this. At first I told him not to play it a lot because he'll get hooked (althought I already think he is), but hell, now I want him to play 24/7 so he can get all that shit so then I can get him to let me ebay it and then we can split the profits.
    Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    PS3(x) + ebay = $$$

x = amount, which will probably be 3-5

(I voted yes)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicle View Post
    Can anyone suggest any good sports betting sites? I was looking at Bodog.com, does anyone have any experience with that site? If not, how about another site? I want to see if I can make some easy money off of this or am I better off coming up with other easy money making schemes...
    i heard these ideas are going to bring in the most cash. or you can steal cars (something you're already skilled at) and sell them.