Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Noire

1. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Watching MKVs on the 360/PS3 is terrible.
    Yeah, that's why I said most. Those are horrible and having to re-encode anything with subs made me want to punch babies, but like 90% of the shit I downloaded was fine.

2. Who the fuck downloads anything other than MKVs nowadays?

3. Most of my shows are avi. Actually I guess I have more mkvs than I thought, I think I ran those using PS3 Media Server. Whatever.

4. My TV plays mkv files like a motherfucker via usb. It rules.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to know what a Rockstar Pass is.

6. Can you really resist the allure of door #3?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

First reviews are in...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian (PS3, 5/5)
    In the past, games with such overwhelming ambitions have floundered on odd, usually peripheral, aspects that jarred – such as unrealistic animation (and especially facial animation), clunky dialogue, poor virtual camerawork or facile characterisation. LA Noire is the first game to lack any such element which naggingly reminds you that you’re playing a video game, rather than strolling through a film or TV series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Official Xbox Magazine UK (360, 10/10)
    If you were expecting L.A Noire to be a reskinned GTA then you will be left severely disappointed. Many times we hear, “Who will be gaming’s Citizen Kane?”. Personally, I don’t have the gall to say L.A Noire is that type of game. But it is a game that will revolutionize the gaming industry as we know it. Never in my 20 year history of gaming have I encountered a game with as much finesse, intelligence, and attention to detail as L.A Noire, and for that I applaud L.A Noire. A game which has the nerve to do so much, in an industry where a seldom few are.
    Tuesday is going to be so awesome.

8. Both reviews compare the experience to movies. Which is the dumbest most idiotic thing you can say in any game review IMO. But that fact that it's getting such great reviews makes me want it. I don't see how you can get a perfect score without having advanced the combat or anything, though. That was the main detractor for haters of Red Dead and it sounds like it's the exact same. That said I never had any issue. In fact I loved the shooting in Red Dead.

Will buy.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 13 May 2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Both reviews compare the experience to movies. Which is the dumbest most idiotic thing you can say in any game review IMO.
    When the game itself is imitating the medium of films, why is this not an apt comparison?

I've more or less ignored this game since there hasn't been word of the actual gameplay, but i'd be fine with a movie masquerading as a game if the movie was actually good. The above reviews make me interested.