Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Noire

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I'm going to see if the local shop has this today.
    Yes you should. I'm on the fence about buying it and some impressions would help. Would be nice to read a review somewhere. Anyone know if the reviews are going up tomorrow or Tuesday morning?
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. A few were up and then pulled, but all were favorable IIRC.

3. Gave in and preordered with Amazon since they give you $15 off a future order and release date shipping. Plus I want to play the game.

4. ^ This.

The $15 is going to Child of Eden next week. (!!!!)

5. Preordered.

Fucking Rockstar hype machine. Fucking Amazon credits. Fucking lack of will power.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    ^ This.

The $15 is going to Child of Eden next week. (!!!!)
    Holy shit, Child of Eden is next fucking week?

EDIT: No it's not, you liar.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 16 May 2011 at 10:07 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Only Diff could take articles praising the attention to detail and acting and turn them into a bad thing.
    I see reviews like that, where everyone but the gameplay is praised, as a major red flag. It was all over the place for RDR and that game sucked ass sure enough. I don't care what you think.

8. But it's an adventure game, that how they're always reviewed...

9. yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    But it's an adventure game, that how they're always reviewed...
    Oh, come on. I'm not prophesizing (that spelling doesn't look right) doom like Diff, but this isn't some point and click game where the gameplay doesn't really matter.