Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20303233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Noire

1. You know what would have made the game better? If the interviewing made any sense at all beyond "work backwards from what you think the developers think this would mean". It's almost a psychological metagame

2. It's almost hard to believe that this turd was being held up as a groundbreaking new experience in videogaming 8 months ago.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I think "open world" is pushing it, it's very linear. More like a large area to drive around in and I don't think the mileage is anywhere near the size of GTA 4. I think the driving could have been removed and the game would have been better off.
    It's open world like Mean Streets is open world.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It's almost hard to believe that this turd was being held up as a groundbreaking new experience in videogaming 8 months ago.
    I've found this to be another great benefit of staying 6 months to a year behind the release schedule. Not only are games way cheaper, but once the hype wears off you find out how good games actually are before investing your time/money.

5. This is a fun game and it's pretty neat but it's nothing more than Sam and Max meets Rockstar.

6. EB wouldn't even give me more for this than Fable 3 on a trade in.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    This is a fun game and it's pretty neat but it's nothing more than Sam and Max meets Rockstar.
    Okay, I want to play this now, Sam and Max rules. Does LA Noire have a psychotic bunny?

8. It's more Police Quest meets Rockstar. I like LA Noire, but I like detective games. If that's not what you're looking for, all the chase scenes from here to Driver aren't going to change anything.

Police Quest would have been better with a psychotic rabbit too.

DirectX 11 support... drool. I'm glad I waited to replay this.