Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22323435363738 LastLast

Thread: LA Noire

Fuck. Is that worth it? Is there any reason to prefer the PS3 version to the PC?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. So if I don't necessarily care about finishing the game (just do investigations until it gets old), and accept that I should disregard the illusion of a sandbox, is there anything else about L.A. Noir that wouldn't make it worth my $5?
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

It was worth $50 or whatever I paid the first time I bought it.

4. Cool. When a game's sheen wears off and people start to realize it wasn't as perfect as originally thought, there tends to be a backlash/overcompensation and they start saying that it was completely terrible to begin with. I assume L.A. Noire is a victim of this phenomenon.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

Could be. I Platinumed it on PS3 and bought it again on PC, so there certainly was no buyer's remorse on my end.

Sounds good. I put in the extra $2 for the DLC.
    My Backloggery

The DLC is very well integrated into the story. If you're going to play it, buy it all at the same time as Mzo did.

This game is soooo weird. The cases start and end in the most jarring transitions with these bizarre flashbacks in between. The pacing is pretty horrible.

Why is the city so damn big? I just want to get to the next story part =[ It's alright, it has really great production values and acting, and I'm going to see the game through, but it really just isn't very good as a video game.
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Why is the city so damn big? I just want to get to the next story part =[
    Let your partner drive...

10. I drove only when it made me or I wanted to collect rare cars. Otherwise just fast travel with your partner driving; keep in mind it will.play all the dailogue then fast travel.