Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Noire

1. I was kind of surprised how bad Red Dead Redemption was when I played it. I just got done quitting The Lost and Damned in frustration at the usual Rockstar garbage and all the same shit was there right in front. Then I went to another site and asked people what they really liked about RDR.

"story"
    "characters"
    "atmosphere"

Gameplay was like, not even in the top 5. That was my cue to get rid of it. Maybe LA Noire will be different, but probably not. This is how Rockstar does things.

2. I can see atmosphere, that was admittedly wonderfully done. The story and characters sucked though.

3. Admittedly you are talking about gamer nerds who have spent their entire lives watching third rate cartoons and anime. Placed into that worldview, I am sure RDR seems sublime. Heavy Rain - same thing.

Being the best new IP doesn't require being a 10/10. We're so far into this generation's sequel cycle that there aren't that many to begin with, and almost every game these days is flawed in some fairly major way. Games are just too complicated now to nail everything the way late 16-bit and 2D 32-bit games did.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Being the best new IP doesn't require being a 10/10. We're so far into this generation's sequel cycle that there aren't that many to begin with, and almost every game these days is flawed in some fairly major way. Games are just too complicated now to nail everything the way late 16-bit and 2D 32-bit games did.
    Wow, I bet you could work at Gametrailers.com with insights like that.

But that still does not create a logic wherein RDR was "the best new IP."

6. This looks like more Rockstar horseshit.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark View Post
    Wow, I bet you could work at Gametrailers.com with insights like that.

But that still does not create a logic wherein RDR was "the best new IP."
    Then what was? I am not seeing an alternative put forward.

8. Does there have to be one?
    Boo, Hiss.

Somewhat by definition there does. But I don't know how someone can say that something isn't the best without having another replacement in mind.

10. I'd imagine if it's not up to a certain standard then it's just not even considered.
    Boo, Hiss.