Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Noire

1. Ah but it's such an improvement on the first one that it might as well be new ip.

2. Yeah, it's really the vaguest of resemblances. It's like if Devil May Cry had gone ahead with being a Resident Evil game.

3. Western Action Shooter to Open-world Western Action Shooter is hardly the "vaguest of resemblances".

I mean, come on.

4. Oh shit!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	957922_12152009_screen011.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	59923   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MD2_11.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	59924  

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I was kind of surprised how bad Red Dead Redemption was when I played it. I just got done quitting The Lost and Damned in frustration at the usual Rockstar garbage and all the same shit was there right in front. Then I went to another site and asked people what they really liked about RDR.

"story"
    "characters"
    "atmosphere"

Gameplay was like, not even in the top 5. That was my cue to get rid of it. Maybe LA Noire will be different, but probably not. This is how Rockstar does things.
    This is an issue I see in a lot of games, and a lot of game fans - there's no appreciation/craft/emphasis on the gameplay front. As if just enough is justifiable, as long as it feels like some movie cobbled together by high school students with a $20 million budget. Or worse, that some feel a game being overly gamey gets in the way of good interactive "experiences" or whatever bullshit.

What gets me is that LA Noire has been getting its share of hype, almost all of which revolves around how realistic looking people are in the game. No...not about the gameplay itself, but how the models look and emote. Buh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    This is an issue I see in a lot of games, and a lot of game fans - there's no appreciation/craft/emphasis on the gameplay front.
    And yet you buy as many waggle games as you can get your hands on, despite the fact that it detracts from the gameplay without exception.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    And yet you buy as many waggle games as you can get your hands on, despite the fact that it detracts from the gameplay without exception.
    Didn't know you were in my base, checking my games collections.

(and no, they don't 'without exception' but whatev)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. I just heard about this!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    This is an issue I see in a lot of games, and a lot of game fans - there's no appreciation/craft/emphasis on the gameplay front. As if just enough is justifiable, as long as it feels like some movie cobbled together by high school students with a $20 million budget. Or worse, that some feel a game being overly gamey gets in the way of good interactive "experiences" or whatever bullshit.

What gets me is that LA Noire has been getting its share of hype, almost all of which revolves around how realistic looking people are in the game. No...not about the gameplay itself, but how the models look and emote. Buh.
    I appreciate what I find fun. I don't give a shit if you love gameplay. I played and had a lot of good fun with Red Dead Redemption. If your idea of gameplay gets in the way of that then fuck whatever it is you're selling. There's no reason a game like Red Dead can't exist how it is and the games focused solely on gameplay like Baronetta can't either. The guns were well thought out, and the shooting was LEAPS AND BOUNDS above GTA IV. Not perfect, but good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Here's that latest trailer in a working and not-shitty-video form: