Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Noire

1. I'm really looking forward to this. I love noire, and Team Bondi was formed from the head of Team Soho (Getaway), so I have a lot of confidence they'll be able to nail the look and style of the genre. But as with Getaway, where they nailed the presentation of a London gangster film, but implemented it in a clumsily designed game, I'm not as confident in their game design prowess. Hopefully they've learned a thing or two in the meantime.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by nameless_one View Post
    Not much know yet as of this point. There is a teaster trailer up right now. I would hate to be gay and say this but looks like 1940's GTA style, which we kind of saw with mafia. http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/6414

Official website says october 5th for full trailer so we will have to wait and see.

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/
    It doesn't really tell us anything about the game at all but this could be kind of neat. The problem here is that the lighting didn't really look NOIR. In order to be noir you have to light things a specific way. Just being black and white with high contrast isn't really accurate.

Still, they're trying to be better and I'll give them some credit. The music seemed right.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless_one View Post
    I guess when you put it that way, maybe it could be a change of pace for once.
    Keep the shooting to a minimum and the mystery to a maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone View Post
    Has Brendan McNamara done anything of note other than The Getaway/Getaway:BM? The Getaway was pretty decent, but not good enough to give McNamara 30 mil plus to develope a game with an unproven team. How he get that kind of funding?
    Cocaine
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 28 Sep 2006 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Full trailer is up. You can watch flash version or lower res versions at the home page:
    http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/

Or download the HD version here:
    http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire...r_US1280HD.zip

The smaller versions don't do it justice. I don't know if it's in-game or CG or what, but it looks awesome, imo.

4. Yeah, that was pretty incredible. It's weird how it was most impressive whenever I noticed a little polygon tear or something. Like my brain wouldn't compute that it was an actual in-game engine (um, assuming it was).

5. None of that was in-game. Atleast, there was no gameplay footage there.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Really, Andrew? I don't believe you.

7. I don't care.

8. Anyone know of any updates in information on this one. I check up with it every week or so: no interviews, no new screen shots, no release date; at least from my searching. Just the same trailer that came out in October.

9. I just had a thought, Anyone think this could be the exclusive game for the ps3 that everyone is talking about?

10. LA Noir isn't the exclusive. Sony specifically said so in the announcement.

James