Thread: Laptop and 1 dead/stuck pixel

1. Laptop and 1 dead/stuck pixel

My girl just bought a 15" Toshiba Satellite Centrino Duo w/1GB RAM, 100GB HD, etc. ($699 after price match - higher upgrade as the $599 advertised in ad). Now, the first one we bought had 2 dead/stuck pixels and we had to drive to 3 different Best Buys as they were having some huge sale on Toshiba's. So anyways, I had to drive all the way to Westbury (for whatever reason, they had like 20 in stock while everywhere else was sold out). So we exchange it for another one. We open it before we left to see if there was anything wrong. Indeed, there was one bright pixel towards the right. Its not really bothersome. Best Buy doesnt consider it a defect if theres only 1 dead/stuck pixel. So we decided to stick with it as shes the ones going to be using it and doesnt bother her.

Anyways, I wanted to know if there was like a RGB file that flashes over and over (similar to that used for the PSP when it had its problem with dead/stuck pixels). I plan on running the file (if there is one) or massaging the screen. I guess this is the same procedure used for TVs and monitors. So anyone know where I can get this RGB file?

2. Thanks.