Page 1 of 54 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: 300

1. 300

I didn't see a thread for this, merge away if I'm late to the party.

This looks good.

Based on Frank Miller's graphic novel, "300" concerns the 480 B.C. Battle of Thermopylae, where the King of Sparta led his army against the advancing Persians; the battle is said to have inspired all of Greece to band together against the Persians, and helped usher in the world's first democracy.
    In 480 BC, the Persian king Xerxes sends his massive army to conquer Greece. The Greek city of Sparta houses its finest warriors, and 300 of these soldiers are chosen to meet the Persians at Thermopylae, engaging the soldiers in a narrow canyon where they cannot take full advantage of their numbers. The battle is a suicide mission, meant to buy time for the rest of the Greek forces to prepare for the invasion. However, that doesn't stop the Spartans from throwing their hearts into the fray, determined to take as many Persians as possible with them
    Trailer here.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

2. Some of those shots are utterly spectacular. I don't usually like epic war movies like this, but this looks awesome.

3. HOLY SHIT that looks fucking awesome

I LOVE epic war movies like this and this one looks to set a new fucking standard

I also love the story of the 300 Spartans, I have the original movie of it from way back in the day and this looks so fucking kick ass

10000000 better than Troy and Alexander it looks like

fucking aye cant wait for this now
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. i saw the unedited trailer at the San Diego comic-con during the 300 conference. It looked pretty good, lots of head chopping and naked chicks.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Was the movie shot completely on a green/blue screen? The trailer looks really stylized (and cool), and its giving me the same kind of vibe as Sin City, in that certain shots just don't look completely right.

Anybody read the graphic novel? Any good? Thinking about getting it for my brother as a really late birthday gift.

6. Fuck, that looks completely bad-ass. March cant come soon enough.

7. Quote Originally Posted by zerokool View Post
    Anybody read the graphic novel? Any good? Thinking about getting it for my brother as a really late birthday gift.
    The graphic novel is great, if only for the amazing art. But its all good, and not too long of a read either.
    your mom

8. Nathan Jones better not be in this movie.

9. Looks incredible - apparently the unedited unofficial trailer is on youtube.

checking now.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Nf8dj3s34
    Last edited by luek; 06 Oct 2006 at 05:33 AM.
    "Hah, Greg, you're terrible!"

10. Day 1 imo.