Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Slapping.

1. Slapping.

This came up in a thread on another board I frequent and I was wondering what TNL thought.

When, if ever, is it ok to hit a woman? Open handed or closed?

I'm in the "Never, ever" camp.

Humor me.
    Last edited by Detour; 06 Oct 2006 at 10:07 AM.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

2. Just want to say Hi Detour.

I was raised never to hit a woman. Defend oneself okay, but never hit one.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Hi Advocate!

What do you mean by defend yourself? Like, if your girlfriend starts hitting you?
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

4. I could live a very long and happy life knowing I've never hit a woman. That's just something I never want to have to do.

Unless I run into some crazy bitch that actually tries to seriously fight and hurt me or someone I cared about, in which case I would have no problem kicking her fucking ass.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    Hi Advocate!

What do you mean by defend yourself? Like, if your girlfriend starts hitting you?

Bear hug restraint or run i suggest run, because if you touch her the cops will take the man as the bad guy everytime, unless you are dead

6. I am going to court to act as a witness to an incident that happened at the restaurant with a crazy bitch. I also believe that a woman should never be hit, but she managed to change my mind.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    Hi Advocate!

Put your fists up defend against her slaps or kicks to the groin. Bear hug. Or just back away. Stand up for yourself if shes yelling, but when she swings just take the shot. Most of the time it doesn't hurt or have any effect.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. If a woman is hysterical and could hurt herself or others I feel a very tempered use of force is justified. Because I'm raised with bullshit Southern social mores, I'd let a woman get away with a helluva lot more than a man before I'd resort to anything more forceful than harsh language. However, in reality it is much more disrespectful to a woman to treat her differently than a man solely on the basis of her gender.
    Time for a change

9. I'm just saying I would never hit a woman, but I would shake the shit out of one.

10. Grab the wrists, that's what I do. Just don't bruise...unless she asks for it..literially..

Yeah...
    Time for a change