Page 1 of 22 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii & PS3 pre-orders being October 29th at Toys "R" Us

1. Wii & PS3 pre-orders being October 29th at Toys "R" Us

http://www.wii-files.com/news/wii-ne...r-oct.-10.html
    "Preorders for the PS3 and Wii open up on Tuesday, October 10th. You will need to put $50 down. There is no trade in offers or anything.

Also it is each store managers decision if they want to open preorders, or sell the systems on a first come, first serve basis. As I have said before, I have decided to sell the systems at my store on a first come, first serve basis. Not all stores will be doing preorders, since it is the managers choice. Hope this helps anyone who has been wondering."

He later stated: " I am the store manager for the store in Greensburg, PA."
    "Nope. I just found out that the day for preorders is definitely the 9th or the 10th. That is a fact."

So if this is true, Gamestop will indeed be offering Wii and PS3 pre-orders. Maybe everyone jumped the gun and took Steve Morgan's comments out of context? The quote that caused all the commotion:

"We did learn a lesson last year," said Steve Morgan, president of GameStop. "I think the lesson is caution and optimism at the same time."

Nowhere did he state that the Wii and PS3 wont be available for preorder, just that GameStop would be caution and optimistic about these console launches. Rightly so after last year and the Xbox 360 incident. Anyways, a contact of mine that also works at GameStop mentioned that specific date to me two day's ago without having any previous knowledge of this post on 1up. So there you have it, it's all we know for now and take this information however you want, we'll just have to wait till the 10th to find out if this is just a rumor or not.
    Just passing the word along.
    Last edited by Shinobi128; 17 Oct 2006 at 08:36 AM.

2. awesome, thanks for the update.

3. I read something on another site that they are expecting to get 4-8 systems per store. LOL. What a shitty launch. If I was a store manager I'd be pissed, because a launch is a lot of work, even in just turning away customers and rearranging shelves, all for 4-8 units and miniscule amount of software that will be moved.

4. well, we/they don't have a choice.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I read something on another site that they are expecting to get 4-8 systems per store. LOL. What a shitty launch. If I was a store manager I'd be pissed, because a launch is a lot of work, even in just turning away customers and rearranging shelves, all for 4-8 units and miniscule amount of software that will be moved.
    IBTN. All thought we don't know for sure yet, my manager thinks we will only get 4-10, and he's betting on it being the lower number. I can't tell you how sick I am of answering calls every 5 mins asking about pre-orders for the Wii and PS3.

I'll believe the news on actual pre-orders Tuesday when I go into work, but I worked last night, and we hadn't hord squat yet.

6. Quote Originally Posted by marwan View Post
    well, we/they don't have a choice.
    Managers are going to be telling their employees to drive customers right to Xbox 360. This bullshit launch could really hurt Sony.

7. This is unconfirmed, btw.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi128 View Post
    Hopefully this news ends up being legit... hard to believe they won't offer some sort of trade-in program in conjunction with preorders though.

9. We already knew the PS3 allocations were going to be a hair shy of nothing, so it's the Wii allocations I'm anxious to hear about. I'm hoping Nintendo floods the market with hardware, and Microsoft too. Letting all the people out for a shiny new system go home empty-handed due to supply issues would be stupid on their part.

James

10. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We already knew the PS3 allocations were going to be a hair shy of nothing, so it's the Wii allocations I'm anxious to hear about. I'm hoping Nintendo floods the market with hardware, and Microsoft too. Letting all the people out for a shiny new system go home empty-handed due to supply issues would be stupid on their part.

James
    The Wii is all I care about -- not planning to rush and buy one at launch.