Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can you buy a PC Engine to Turbo Grafx 16 Converter?

1. Where can you buy a PC Engine to Turbo Grafx 16 Converter?

Anyone have any CLUE where (a website or from someone here, etc) I can buy a PC Engine to Turbo Grafx Converter?

(it lets you play Japanese PC Engine games on a USA Turbo Grafx 16 System)

2. There is a region lock-out on the TG16?

3. I ordered a TG-16 to Duo controller adapter years ago from these guys:
    http://www.tzd.com/
    I don't see anything on their site, but they would probably know where to go.

4. Videodrone -

Yes, there is a region lockout on the TG 16 for CHIP games. (USA system will not play Japanese games without a converter)

When you play CD games tho there is no region encoding. (So a Japanese cd game will work on a USA Turbo Duo for example)

However, I want to be able to play some Japanese CHIP games on my USA TG 16, so I needa converter

Unfortunately, TZD doesn't know where to get the converters either. I already had called and asked -_- (they used to sell them, but don't any more)

Anyone else know?

5. Quote Originally Posted by dhowerter View Post
    When you play CD games tho there is no region encoding. (So a Japanese cd game will work on a USA Turbo Duo for example)
    Ahh...makes sense. The only imports I ever played were duo games.

6. It's not worth it. The way things were, the chances of finding one for under $80 is not good. If they've become harder to find, I expect prices would have just gone up.

If you really want to play Japanese hucards, buy a PCE. I got one for $20.

What Grave said. A Kisado usually sells for about $100, cheaper Australian ones for about $80. Just get a PC-Engine and save money.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

8. ...or mod your TG-16.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    ...or mod your TG-16.

http://www.massystems.com/TD-Mod.html

Get a PCE. Seriously.

I'm surpised that TZD has sold out of Kisado converters, they had some in stock just two months ago.

I would agree with just buying a cheap PC Engine Core off of Ebay, you can get the system for less than the price of any decent converter you will find.

A less legal alternative...

Buy a PCE/TG16 flash card, put japanese roms on it, put it in US system. They are expensive, but not much more expensive than a Kisado converter. That's what I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.