Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can you buy a PC Engine to Turbo Grafx 16 Converter?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post

And if you want to play U.S. games? I have a modded Duo and it's a thing of beauty.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post

If you really want to play Japanese hucards, buy a PCE. I got one for $20.

Hmm, where in the heck did you get one for $20? And did it include a controller and the rf/av cable and ac adapter?

I think I saw ONE go for like $20 on Ebay but it was system only

In the Completed auctions at EBay it seems PC Engines (original white/red AND the coregrafx 1 and 2), assuming you just want the system, ac, av/rf cable and controller go for like $50-$100+

So anyone know where to get a pc engine/coregrafx/coregrafx 2 system (with AC, AV or rf cable and a controller) for less than that? ^^

3. I have no doubt that your modded Duo is great, Melf, but for most people that's an absurd amount of work for what it'll do. He already has a US system, I'm assuming. I'm pretty happy with my TG16+PCE setup, though I need one of them to be able to play CDs so I can do it outside of emus. I might pick up that Duo RX I've always wanted next year, though.

As for cheap PCEs... you can get lucky on eBay from time to time. Mine was in pretty poor condition, had a very sloppily done AV mod, the case was very yellowed, but it worked perfectly and so did the controller. The power supply was non-standard but works fine. Any RF adapter will work. I paid no more than $25 shipped. I guess things are a bit different now, but $50 seems kind of high. Got any friends in Japan who can poke around for you?

4. Hmm, where in the heck did you get one for $20?
    Anywhere, core pc engines aren't really worth anything.

5. Grave/ALL-

Yes, I do have a USA Turbo Grafx 16.

Heh, nope, no friends in Japan who can poke around for me -_-

BTW, the RF port for the pc engine, you said ANY rf adaptor will work, you mean it has the standard "composite tv /RCA" kind of RF jack? Like the model 1 SNES RF port (big square one with eject button) or the Frontloading NES RF port?

SegaSaturn X-

Quote Originally Posted by Sega saturn x View Post
    Anywhere, core pc engines aren't really worth anything.

Link please to the place you can get the $20 pc engines (WITH AC, AV/rf cable and controller
    Last edited by dhowerter; 09 Oct 2006 at 08:27 PM.

6. Yes. Same as the TG16 one.

I think I still know a few people who were looking to unload core PCEs, I'll ask around.