Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PS3 hands on from UK PSM

1. Quote Originally Posted by marwan View Post
    oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez gimme a break!!!!!! the original xbox looked laike an absolute disaster.....the fat thing was deviod of any sense of design.

atleast the PS3 looks like a rounded PS2.
    You are a dim person, but I will attempt to explain further:

The Xbox had a central design concept that was reflected in everything from the logo, to the console, to the original controller, to the boot up screen and all the rest. It may have been a bad, misguided concept, but it was a concept.

The PS3 has no such concept. The controller is the same as it's always been, the system itself is a bloated PS2, the UI is an updated version of what we got on the PSP (where it made more sense), and the font doesn't fit any of it. There's no cohesion from one design element to the next. It's rounded and boxy and xtreme and subtle and big and light and the whole of the package conveys absolutely nothing.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    it doesn't look like a rounded PS2, I already explained why above.
    should i care?

3. Quote Originally Posted by marwan View Post
    should i care?
    This is exactly why you suck.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Do these photos accurately depict the poverty you'll have to live with after buying a PS3?

Oh wait those guys are English... never mind.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by marwan View Post
    oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez gimme a break!!!!!! the original xbox looked laike an absolute disaster.....the fat thing was deviod of any sense of design.
    Stop projecting your wife onto the Xbox.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The original Xbox is worlds above this thing aesthetically.

The PS3 is, no joke, one of the ugliest consoles I have ever seen. It's up there with the Jaguar, seriously. Hopefully I can hold out until PSThree comes out.
    I agree, but at least the Jaguar was symmetrical. Looking at the size comparisons between Wii, PS3 and Xbox360 is startling. You can literally fit about 6 Wii's into one of the other systems.

7. The crystal clear xbox was hot, I never liked the black one though because of the green. PS3 is pretty ugly but I think the black one will look nice standing.