Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: George Romero's Land of the Dead

1. George Romero's Land of the Dead

Why not start a thread for this? As you can probably guess, it's the fourth in Romero's legendary zombie series.

Here's a synopsis:

Sometime ago an unimaginable catastrophe destroyed much of human civilization. The recently dead, for an unknown reason, had returned to life and taken the lives of their living brothers and sisters. These "zombies" multiplied rapidly by adding to their ranks with every new victim. Many years later, the dead greatly outnumbered the living. The remnants of humanity fled to a city, where a feudal like government had taken hold. Fiddler’s Green, the center of this fortress city, is where the rich and powerful lived in luxury while the rest of humanity lived in poverty around them. Paul Kaufman, leaving no room for freedom in his kingdom, rules with an iron fist and overwhelming firepower.

In order to ensure his dominance, and upscale lifestyle, Kaufman financed the construction of Dead Reckoning, a fortress like vehicle that could venture out into the world with relative ease. Riley Denbo, both the designer and commander of Dead Reckoning, has had enough and just entered retirement. Unlike Kaufman, Riley is respected by the citizens of the fortress city for his work to protect them from a dangerous world. However, after a series of incidents, Riley winds up in jail with his best friend Charlie Houk, a member of the Dead Reckoning team, and Slack, a prostitute.

Meanwhile, Cholo DeMora, the 2nd in command of the Dead Reckoning team, has gone rogue! Having his dreams shattered by Kaufman, Cholo is out to even the score. With the Dead Reckoning, as well as the rest of its team, he sets his plan into motion. With no where else to turn, Kaufman and the city elite turn to Riley to fix the situation. Riley is in a race against the clock to stop Cholo from exacting his revenge and killing a lot of incident people in the process.

However, the living will not be the only threat. As hinted in both Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, there is more to the undead than first meets the eye. With a new threat on the horizon, will humanity be able to survive a new onslaught? Is humanity even worth saving in the New World?

The cast includes Asia Argento, John Leguizamo and Dennis Hopper. Shaun of the Dead's Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright along with Tom Savini have zombified cameos.

The release date has just been moved up from late summer to June 24th.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. *crosses fingers* Let's see if Romero can beat the remake of his own movie.

3. I can't wait for a true Dead sequel. I enjoyed the Dawn remake enough, but I really want my slow zombies back.

4. That sounds really stupid. I'll still go see it, though.

5. It will suck.

Romero's last few movies have been total shit. I really don't know where I stand on this.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

7. I don't have high hopes.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Javon_McCloud
    I can't wait for a true Dead sequel. I enjoyed the Dawn remake enough, but I really want my slow zombies back.
    Unfortunately, even Romero jumped on the fast and furious zombie vagon. Land's zombies, will be mutating from the regular zombies of Night, Dawn and Dead into new breed of faster, more vigorious dead. That what modern public wants, to good old shambling walking corpses are going the way of the dinosaurs.

It would be nice of them to realease a trailer for this, since the new date is so close now.

I will keep my expectations low, but still hope that it will be at least decent.

9. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    The remnants of humanity fled to a city, where a feudal like government had taken hold. Fiddler’s Green, the center of this fortress city, is where the rich and powerful lived in luxury while the rest of humanity lived in poverty around them. Paul Kaufman, leaving no room for freedom in his kingdom, rules with an iron fist and overwhelming firepower.

In order to ensure his dominance, and upscale lifestyle, Kaufman financed the construction of Dead Reckoning, a fortress like vehicle that could venture out into the world with relative ease. Riley Denbo, both the designer and commander of Dead Reckoning, has had enough and just entered retirement. Unlike Kaufman, Riley is respected by the citizens of the fortress city for his work to protect them from a dangerous world. However, after a series of incidents, Riley winds up in jail with his best friend Charlie Houk, a member of the Dead Reckoning team, and Slack, a prostitute.

Meanwhile, Cholo DeMora, the 2nd in command of the Dead Reckoning team, has gone rogue! Having his dreams shattered by Kaufman, Cholo is out to even the score. With the Dead Reckoning, as well as the rest of its team, he sets his plan into motion. With no where else to turn, Kaufman and the city elite turn to Riley to fix the situation. Riley is in a race against the clock to stop Cholo from exacting his revenge and killing a lot of incident people in the process.
    So we got a cornball Mad Max style movie.......with zombies in as an afterthought? The name of the movie is Land of the Dead, I dont know , shouldnt it focus more on the dead?

10. The production photos I've seen so far don't look promising. It looks ultra low-budget, and as it's been pointed out Romero hasn't brought his A-game to his last few movies. Also, it's NOT going to be released unrated like the others, it'll be R-rated with an unrated DVD release later.

And as for what Despair said about Romero using the new Carl Lewis-style zombies...BOO!!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww