Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3040424344

Thread: Grindhouse official

1. Sweet, now if we could just get Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Gotta wait for KB3 to hit theaters. Might get it before the theatrical release.

3. Five years late I watch this - the Blu-Ray with both.

Planet Terror was good, although the way pop culture has driven zombies into the ground might hurt it a little (no fault of the people behind it, since zombies were not "a thing" when this was made).

Death Proof was friggin awesome though. I loved Death Proof.

I've seen the trailers before (my girlfriend recoiled in horror at the Thanksgiving trailer, which kept me from watching DP on HBO a few years ago), but Fu Manchu with Nic Cage would be the best movie ever right?

4. I agree. Death Proof has held up really well. Kurt Russell needs to pair up with Tarantino more often.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. I'm not sure I saw the same movie(s) as people in this thread. It's been 5 years.

6. No, I loved it then, and I still loved it. Grabbed a poster.

Not my favourite Tarintino by any stretch, but still great.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

7. I still think Death Proof is a little too talky, even for a Tarantino movie, but I love it more and more every time I see it. It builds such a rich mood in the first half (aided by what's probably his best soundtrack) and then closes with one of the best car chases ever put to film. Shit's amazing.

Seeing it at that Drive-in outside of Baltimore at 2 am is maybe my favorite movie-going experience ever.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    That was the most fun I've had in a theater... perhaps ever. I really regretted not seeing this in the shittiest theater in town to complete the experience but I seriously felt that I had been thrown into a time machine back to the late 70s. Planet Terror rocked my goddamn world, I loved every second. By far the funniest part of the entire movie (as a whole) was during the love making scene and they had the reel melt only to skip the reel and HOUSE ON FIRE ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE Incredibly brilliant

I was impressed with the trailers as well, Zombie's was a bit too frantic to be memorable save Nick Cage's appearance, but Machete, Don't and Thanksgiving all had their great parts. DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T thanksgiving

Nooooow, Death Proof. I loved the shitty editing in the beginning and the hammy dialogue. But then fifteen minutes or so passed and they just kept talking and talking and really getting anywhere. The screen pops and shitty editing began melting away. The talking continued, it felt like everything was getting put on hold. THEN the amazing car crashes. Then it repeats itself with a lot of unfulfilling banter leading up to a fucking wicked car chase and ending. I can't tell if Tarentino intentionally slowed down and stretched out the movie or if he was just being overindulgent with the writing. Either way, Russel did a great job as Stuntman Mike, the car chases and wrecks were brilliant and I ultimately liked it.

I really, really hope for sequels perhaps with Tarentino and Rodriguez producing and other directors doing movies.
    Shut the fuck up, past me.