The post has baffled me. The usefullness of that kind of explanation is exemplary (I applaud your use of it) - even though it perfectly demonstates how useless it is... I'm beating a dead horse, but I don't know if anyone else is really getting that.

Nintendo = For Children (True/False)

I say false because if people who are not children can enjoy it, and they can, then it is not for children exclusively. Maybe some are thinking of this like a grown person enjoying childrens toys - in this case, Nintendo's games will be the Childrens Toys in question and Kinopio would be the grown person playing with them

The question then is - how do you define a game as a childrens toy when they are rated generally for everyone? It's not like Nintendo's every game is Elmo's Number Adventure which is rated EC (early childhood). There is no defect in enjoying a G rated movie, nor is there one for enjoying a game rated E or Saturday morning cartoons (no proven defect). By this measure, Nintendo's games are not childrens toys, but as it would happen, can be used as such, much like anything else that is not exclusively targeted at adults (like dildos). This is more a case of Nintendo, probably, trying to appeal to the largest possible audience with the least amount of production (instead of independantly developing games for each age range). Besides rigorous QA, this is typical Nintendo.

Marketing wise, they are Youth Oriented... largely because kids will always be interetsed in games, adults may become disinterested in them or feel inadequately adept at controling or understanding them as technology progresses... may new games make them dizzy :/ By generally marketing towards a younger demographic they can attain a larger audience - this could be an explaination of why characters like Mario and Zelda get 'recycled' (note: I'm not saying their games are the same again and again) as often as they do. To maintain awareness of popular franchises which are GOLDEN to companies. Your average kid doesn't know what Altered Beast is... but they know Mario and Donkey Kong. The fact that these characters could easily be put in any given Saturday morning cartoon effortlessly makes them and the game they are featured in seem like childrens play things.

To be perfectly honest - the generalization of Nintendo for kids is not so easily dismissive. There are more than enough factors to point them in that direction, however, there are also plety of reasons as to why they aren't. I say the verdict is up to the indivisual playing the games. I say false personally because I know I am not a child, nor do I care whether or not someoone might consider me childish for likeing the Legend of Zelda or Kirby (besides Super Metroid, these are my favorite Nintendo characters... at least the ones released in the USA)... as Johnny said... that's something a childish person might worry about.

ºTracer